Bomb scare hits Finchley Road O2 centre
The O2 centre in Swiss Cottage was evacuated this morning after a bomb scare.
All employees and customers had to be swiftly evacuated at around 9.30am after the O2 centre received a phone call about a suspect car in the car park of Sainsbury’s.
A police spokeswoman said “We received a phone call at 09.20am with reports of a suspect car in the car park of the Sainsbury’s at the O2 centre on Finchley Road. The shops around the car park closed, including Waterstones and Sainsbury’s and people were evacuated. Police are on the scene investigating and the safer Neighbourhoods team are also on scene.”
Police cordoned off the entrance and all roads leading to the car park at the back of the centre. The explosive search dogs arrived at 10.20am and returned 50 minutes later having thoroughly searched all the cars in the car park and found nothing.
Suzy, 23, a gym member at the centre, said “I’m 20 minutes into a run on the treadmill and then the gym workers run in with their arms waving saying there has been a bomb scare and we need to evacuate the building immediately. It suddenly turned hectic.”
You may also want to watch:
Police investigations are ongoing.
- 1 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 2 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 3 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 4 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Koko to return with extra venues and community spaces for musicians
- 7 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 8 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 9 Former pupils launch creative fund to honour inspirational teacher
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill