Bomb scare hits Finchley Road O2 centre
The O2 centre in Swiss Cottage was evacuated this morning after a bomb scare.
All employees and customers had to be swiftly evacuated at around 9.30am after the O2 centre received a phone call about a suspect car in the car park of Sainsbury’s.
A police spokeswoman said “We received a phone call at 09.20am with reports of a suspect car in the car park of the Sainsbury’s at the O2 centre on Finchley Road. The shops around the car park closed, including Waterstones and Sainsbury’s and people were evacuated. Police are on the scene investigating and the safer Neighbourhoods team are also on scene.”
Police cordoned off the entrance and all roads leading to the car park at the back of the centre. The explosive search dogs arrived at 10.20am and returned 50 minutes later having thoroughly searched all the cars in the car park and found nothing.
Suzy, 23, a gym member at the centre, said “I’m 20 minutes into a run on the treadmill and then the gym workers run in with their arms waving saying there has been a bomb scare and we need to evacuate the building immediately. It suddenly turned hectic.”
You may also want to watch:
Police investigations are ongoing.
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 5 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 6 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta echoes players' support for absent Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- 7 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike
- 8 Arsenal face a crucial week as they bid to start pushing on
- 9 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 10 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site