Bomb scare hits Finchley Road O2 centre
The O2 centre in Swiss Cottage was evacuated this morning after a bomb scare.
All employees and customers had to be swiftly evacuated at around 9.30am after the O2 centre received a phone call about a suspect car in the car park of Sainsbury’s.
A police spokeswoman said “We received a phone call at 09.20am with reports of a suspect car in the car park of the Sainsbury’s at the O2 centre on Finchley Road. The shops around the car park closed, including Waterstones and Sainsbury’s and people were evacuated. Police are on the scene investigating and the safer Neighbourhoods team are also on scene.”
Police cordoned off the entrance and all roads leading to the car park at the back of the centre. The explosive search dogs arrived at 10.20am and returned 50 minutes later having thoroughly searched all the cars in the car park and found nothing.
Suzy, 23, a gym member at the centre, said “I’m 20 minutes into a run on the treadmill and then the gym workers run in with their arms waving saying there has been a bomb scare and we need to evacuate the building immediately. It suddenly turned hectic.”
You may also want to watch:
Police investigations are ongoing.
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 What do you think of the Regent’s Park and Primrose Hill bins?
- 3 St John's Wood High Street traders' fears after Harry's closure
- 4 Planning application nears for Murphy's Yard redevelopment
- 5 Golders Green Hippodrome 'chooses love' at interfaith Covid vaccine drive
- 6 Ibiza comes to Kenwood with meditation and music event for 'healthy hedonists'
- 7 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 8 Driver tries to get car insured on phone when stopped by police - Porsche seized
- 9 Tree topples onto neighbour's car after South Hampstead winds
- 10 Mikel Arteta must trust Gabriel Martinelli against Villarreal