Two men charged with racially abusing Muswell Hill councillor on Tube train
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been charged after a Muswell Hill councillor was racially abused on a Tube train in June.
Lib Dem councillor Julia Ogiehor was subjected to a verbal barrage while travelling on the Northern line between Camden and East Finchley after a night out on June 23.
Mark Lewis, 53, of High Road in Whetstone has been charged with a section 4a public order offence, a racially aggravated section 4a public order offence, racially aggravated common assault and assault by beating.
Gary Forbes, 48, of Ballards Lane in Finchley has been charged with a section 4a public order offence and a racially aggravated section 4a public order offence.
A section 4a public order offence is when someone has been intentionally harassed, or has become alarmed or distressed by someone else's actions.
You may also want to watch:
They were charged by post over the weekend. A court date is yet to be set.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 4 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 7 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 8 Highgate's Food Bank Aid's year of giving - and a search for a bigger home
- 9 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 10 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17