Two men charged with racially abusing Muswell Hill councillor on Tube train
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been charged after a Muswell Hill councillor was racially abused on a Tube train in June.
Lib Dem councillor Julia Ogiehor was subjected to a verbal barrage while travelling on the Northern line between Camden and East Finchley after a night out on June 23.
Mark Lewis, 53, of High Road in Whetstone has been charged with a section 4a public order offence, a racially aggravated section 4a public order offence, racially aggravated common assault and assault by beating.
Gary Forbes, 48, of Ballards Lane in Finchley has been charged with a section 4a public order offence and a racially aggravated section 4a public order offence.
A section 4a public order offence is when someone has been intentionally harassed, or has become alarmed or distressed by someone else's actions.
You may also want to watch:
They were charged by post over the weekend. A court date is yet to be set.
- 1 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 2 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 3 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 4 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 5 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 6 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 7 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 8 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 9 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 10 Teacher weaves seven-year tapestry of periodic table