Two men charged with racially abusing Muswell Hill councillor on Tube train
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been charged after a Muswell Hill councillor was racially abused on a Tube train in June.
Lib Dem councillor Julia Ogiehor was subjected to a verbal barrage while travelling on the Northern line between Camden and East Finchley after a night out on June 23.
Mark Lewis, 53, of High Road in Whetstone has been charged with a section 4a public order offence, a racially aggravated section 4a public order offence, racially aggravated common assault and assault by beating.
Gary Forbes, 48, of Ballards Lane in Finchley has been charged with a section 4a public order offence and a racially aggravated section 4a public order offence.
A section 4a public order offence is when someone has been intentionally harassed, or has become alarmed or distressed by someone else's actions.
You may also want to watch:
They were charged by post over the weekend. A court date is yet to be set.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 3 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 4 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 5 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 6 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 7 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 8 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 9 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 10 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale