Hampstead attempted robbery: Two men charged over incident involving Arsenal players Kolasinac and Ozil
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Two men have been charged over the attempted robbery of a pair of Arsenal footballers in Platt’s Lane, Hampstead.
The alleged attempt took place on July 25.
Archway man Ashley Smith, 30 and of Cardinals Way, was arrested on September 4 and charged a day later.
Both Smith and Jordan Northover, 26, are charged with attempted robbery and threatening a person with an offensive weapon in a public place over the incident.
Smith appeared at Highbury Corner Magistrates' Court on September 5, and was remanded to appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court on October 3.
You may also want to watch:
Northover will appear via video link at Highbury Corner on Wednesday September 25.
The incident alleged saw footballers Sead Kolasinac and Mesut Ozil attacked, but the pair fled in a vehicle and were unharmed.
- 1 Highgate mental illness charity sees 'desperation' rise during Covid year
- 2 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 3 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 4 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 5 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 6 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 7 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 8 Toilets, the Ponds, Streatery, Nazanin and Palestine
- 9 Arteta asks Arsenal to use 'pain' to punish West Brom
- 10 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
Video footage showed Mr Kolasinac challenging two men allegedly trying to rob them.