Arsenal attempted robbery: Second man appears in court over moped ambush of Kolasinac and Ozil
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
A second man has appeared in court charged with the alleged attempted robbery of Arsenal footballer Sead Kolasinac in Hampstead.
Jordan Northover, 26, is accused of attempting to rob Kolasinac of an item of "value unknown" at Platts Lane on July 25 this year.
Northover, whose address was given as HMP Wealstun in West Yorkshire, is also charged with threatening full-back Kolasinac, 26, with a weapon, namely a "long metal object", on the same date.
He appeared at Highbury Corner Magistrates' Court on Friday, but did not enter a plea.
Northover, who sat in the dock wearing a grey jumper, spoke only to confirm his name, age and address.
Chair of the bench Elizabeth Robb remanded Northover in custody.
He is due to appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court on November 1.
- 1 Alexandra Palace: 2 hospitalised in Red Bull's Soapbox Race
- 2 I want to philately! Freddie Mercury’s stamp collection goes on display
- 3 Five classic Rolling Stones moments at BST Hyde Park
- 4 In pictures: Wacky racers descend on Alexandra Palace for soapbox challenge
- 5 Bentley Motor blue plaque in North London 'prized off wall and stolen'
- 6 Camden watchmaker launches crowdfunding campaign
- 7 The Rolling Stones prove rock ‘n’ roll is alive and kicking at Hyde Park
- 8 Start-up delivers home cooked meals to your door
- 9 Opening date confirmed for new Finchley Road Aldi
- 10 Fences and padlocks at Primrose Hill once again
On Thursday, Ashley Smith, 30, of Archway, north London, pleaded guilty to attempting to steal watches from Kolasinac and fellow Arsenal player Mesut Ozil, 30, at Platts Lane on July 25.
Smith was remanded in custody and is due to be sentenced at Snaresbrook Crown Court on November 1 by judge Sheelagh Canavan.
Ozil and Kolasinac are back playing after missing the start of the Premier League season.