Police arrest designer handbag smash-and-grab suspects in Highgate and Kentish Town raids
- Credit: Archant
Seven people have been arrested in Highgate and Kentish Town after a luxury designer shop in St John’s Wood became the latest store to be targeted by smash-and-grab robbers.
Six suspects on mopeds smashed through shutters and windows of Larizia, in St John’s Wood High Street, to steal about £100,000 worth of handbags at about 11.40pm on Monday.
Police officers from the Flying Squad arrested five men on the street in Ingestre Road, Kentish Town, on suspicion of conspiracy to rob at about 3.50pm yesterday.
They then raided a premises in Highgate and arrested a man and a woman on suspicion of handling stolen goods.
All are currently in custody.
You may also want to watch:
A number of handbags have been recovered.
Yesterday’s arrests follow recent successful operations by the Flying Squad that led to arrests and charges following smash-and-grab robberies at Parmigiani in Mount Street, Marylebone, on July 23, and the Dorchester Hotel in Park Lane, on July 10.
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 3 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 4 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 5 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 8 Gay music hall icon Fred Barnes to be honoured with Maida Vale plaque
- 9 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 10 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
Detective Inspector Spencer Barnett, of the Flying Squad, said: “These arrests, and other recent successes, show our determination to tackle this type of commercial robbery and bring those responsible to justice.”