Police arrest designer handbag smash-and-grab suspects in Highgate and Kentish Town raids
- Credit: Archant
Seven people have been arrested in Highgate and Kentish Town after a luxury designer shop in St John’s Wood became the latest store to be targeted by smash-and-grab robbers.
Six suspects on mopeds smashed through shutters and windows of Larizia, in St John’s Wood High Street, to steal about £100,000 worth of handbags at about 11.40pm on Monday.
Police officers from the Flying Squad arrested five men on the street in Ingestre Road, Kentish Town, on suspicion of conspiracy to rob at about 3.50pm yesterday.
They then raided a premises in Highgate and arrested a man and a woman on suspicion of handling stolen goods.
All are currently in custody.
A number of handbags have been recovered.
Yesterday’s arrests follow recent successful operations by the Flying Squad that led to arrests and charges following smash-and-grab robberies at Parmigiani in Mount Street, Marylebone, on July 23, and the Dorchester Hotel in Park Lane, on July 10.
- 1 Bentley Motor blue plaque in North London 'prized off wall and stolen'
- 2 Royal Free denies allowing Tory MP to influence medical decision
- 3 Free beach returns to Finchley Road for the summer
- 4 Camden councillors set to give themselves a pay rise
- 5 Fences and padlocks at Primrose Hill once again
- 6 Heath patrols to increase after fisherman robbed at knifepoint
- 7 Alleged stalker sent '1,000 emails in a month’ to The Crown star Claire Foy
- 8 Crouch End Festival: 'Back with a bang bigger than ever'
- 9 Five bedroom Arts and Crafts style house with landscaped garden in Muswell Hill/East Finchley borders
- 10 'Gabriels stun Koko – superstardom seems inevitable'
Detective Inspector Spencer Barnett, of the Flying Squad, said: “These arrests, and other recent successes, show our determination to tackle this type of commercial robbery and bring those responsible to justice.”