Police arrest designer handbag smash-and-grab suspects in Highgate and Kentish Town raids
- Credit: Archant
Seven people have been arrested in Highgate and Kentish Town after a luxury designer shop in St John’s Wood became the latest store to be targeted by smash-and-grab robbers.
Six suspects on mopeds smashed through shutters and windows of Larizia, in St John’s Wood High Street, to steal about £100,000 worth of handbags at about 11.40pm on Monday.
Police officers from the Flying Squad arrested five men on the street in Ingestre Road, Kentish Town, on suspicion of conspiracy to rob at about 3.50pm yesterday.
They then raided a premises in Highgate and arrested a man and a woman on suspicion of handling stolen goods.
All are currently in custody.
You may also want to watch:
A number of handbags have been recovered.
Yesterday’s arrests follow recent successful operations by the Flying Squad that led to arrests and charges following smash-and-grab robberies at Parmigiani in Mount Street, Marylebone, on July 23, and the Dorchester Hotel in Park Lane, on July 10.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 5 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 6 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 7 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 8 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike
- 9 Camden, Haringey and Barnet mark Holocaust Memorial Day
- 10 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
Detective Inspector Spencer Barnett, of the Flying Squad, said: “These arrests, and other recent successes, show our determination to tackle this type of commercial robbery and bring those responsible to justice.”