Police arrest designer handbag smash-and-grab suspects in Highgate and Kentish Town raids
- Credit: Archant
Seven people have been arrested in Highgate and Kentish Town after a luxury designer shop in St John’s Wood became the latest store to be targeted by smash-and-grab robbers.
Six suspects on mopeds smashed through shutters and windows of Larizia, in St John’s Wood High Street, to steal about £100,000 worth of handbags at about 11.40pm on Monday.
Police officers from the Flying Squad arrested five men on the street in Ingestre Road, Kentish Town, on suspicion of conspiracy to rob at about 3.50pm yesterday.
They then raided a premises in Highgate and arrested a man and a woman on suspicion of handling stolen goods.
All are currently in custody.
You may also want to watch:
A number of handbags have been recovered.
Yesterday’s arrests follow recent successful operations by the Flying Squad that led to arrests and charges following smash-and-grab robberies at Parmigiani in Mount Street, Marylebone, on July 23, and the Dorchester Hotel in Park Lane, on July 10.
- 1 Burger King launches its first 'dark kitchen' for north London deliveries
- 2 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 3 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
- 4 The Magdala returns as pubs and restaurants reopen indoors on May 17
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Barnet councillor leaves Tory group over 'personal matter'
- 7 Zookeeper's sponsored swim as London Zoo reopens indoor areas
- 8 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 9 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 10 Singing in a choir can 'change the world and boost mental health'
Detective Inspector Spencer Barnett, of the Flying Squad, said: “These arrests, and other recent successes, show our determination to tackle this type of commercial robbery and bring those responsible to justice.”