Armed police respond after man ‘shot’ in East Finchley
- Credit: Archant
A man has been shot in East Finchley, according to witnesses - but police have not been able to trace the victim.
Officers were called to Simms Gardens following reports of gunshots.
A team of firearms officers rushed to the scene shortly after 4.30pm yesterday.
A witness told police they had seen a man with a shoulder injury.
The ‘shot’ man is described as black, wearing a dark blue/black jacket and jeans.
You may also want to watch:
A Met Police spokesman said: “Officers are keen to trace him as he may require urgent medical treatment.”
No arrests have been made.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 4 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 5 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 6 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 9 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
Anyone with information is asked to contact police via 101.