Armed police respond after man ‘shot’ in East Finchley
- Credit: Archant
A man has been shot in East Finchley, according to witnesses - but police have not been able to trace the victim.
Officers were called to Simms Gardens following reports of gunshots.
A team of firearms officers rushed to the scene shortly after 4.30pm yesterday.
A witness told police they had seen a man with a shoulder injury.
The ‘shot’ man is described as black, wearing a dark blue/black jacket and jeans.
You may also want to watch:
A Met Police spokesman said: “Officers are keen to trace him as he may require urgent medical treatment.”
No arrests have been made.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 4 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 6 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 7 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 8 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 9 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 10 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
Anyone with information is asked to contact police via 101.