Amy Winehouse’s wedding dress stolen from Camden home
Amy Winehouse’s wedding dress has been reportedly stolen from her Camden house.
The outfit, along with a cocktail dress, was due to be auctioned for about �130,000 in aid of the late singer’s foundation, according to today’s The Sun.
The newspaper reported they were the only items of memorabilia set aside for the planned New York auction that were taken.
The singer died in July last year aged 27
Her father, Mitch Winehouse, told them: “We are all baffled as to why some of her designer dresses didn’t go too.
You may also want to watch:
“There were a couple from Dolce & Gabbana worth a fortune.
“Her wedding dress was only a little cotton things, a hundred quid at best in the shops. Whoever nicked it realises its significance and knew it had an extra value.”
- 1 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 2 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 5 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 6 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 7 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 8 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 9 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said the alleged theft had not been reported to them.