Leisure centre 'extremely sorry' after police called to alleged sexual assault
- Credit: Archant
A man has allegedly been sexually assaulted at a leisure centre in Swiss Cottage.
The incident reportedly took place in the showers of the Better leisure centre on November 5.
Police were called at around 3pm that day to a report of exposure at the leisure centre on Adelaide Road, which is run by social enterprise Greenwich Leisure Limited (GLL).
Officers attended and spoke to two males. At the time of writing no arrests have been made.
An investigation is ongoing.
A spokesperson for GLL confirmed that an incident took place involving two adults.
They said: “Staff were informed and called the police who attended the leisure centre within minutes.
- 1 Bus collides with lamppost in Muswell Hill crash
- 2 Developer told to dig up granite slabs at Hornsey Town Hall Square
- 3 George Michael estate helps fund Highgate Christmas lights
- 4 Stephen Mangan has Crouch End pupils 'in stitches'
- 5 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 6 Christmas at Kenwood feels like walking in a winter wonderland
- 7 Deliveroo puts in retrospective application for permanent 'dark kitchen'
- 8 Antonio Conte's lungs put in a shift as Spurs beat Brentford
- 9 Haringey flasher targeted young girls for 'obscene gratification'
- 10 Covid-19: Omicron cases confirmed in Haringey and Barnet
“The matter is now in the hands of the Metropolitan Police and GLL is conducting its own internal investigation.
“GLL takes the safety and welfare of its users and staff extremely seriously. We are extremely sorry for any distress caused.”