‘Rambo’ hunting knife found in Somers Town during weapons sweep
- Credit: Met Police
A replica knife from the film Rambo First Blood Part 2 has been found outside a Camden secondary school during a knife sweep by the Met.
The blade was found by Somers Town ward police last week outside the perimeter fencing of Maria Fidelis School in Phoenix Road. The weapons sweeps form part of Operation Sceptre, which aims to cut knife crime across London.
The knife has a 21cm (8.5in) blade and is manufactured by Anglo Arms as a “hunting and survival knife.” It has the film’s name printed on the base of the blade.
The school is less than a mile from Harrington Square, where Mohamed Aadam was stabbed to death in Hampstead Road in September last year.
Ins Paul Clarke said: “This is why we conduct weapons sweeps. Knives like this one tend to be found around schools on a monthly basis. We particularly look in areas where we know gangs are operating.”
You may also want to watch:
He also said the Met’s anti-knife crime strategy in schools was working. “We now have a far more holistic approach around youth violence, where we’re working with other agencies, such as councils.
“We have a dedicated named officer inside each senior school and pupil referral unit in Camden and Islington. There has been a reduction in crime in our senior schools relative to the rest of the country. Our dedicated safer schools officers work to protect children from child sexual exploitation, violence and ‘stranger danger.’ This is a long term fix and we want to get it right.”
- 1 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 2 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 3 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 4 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
- 5 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 6 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 7 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 8 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 9 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'