‘Rambo’ hunting knife found in Somers Town during weapons sweep
- Credit: Met Police
A replica knife from the film Rambo First Blood Part 2 has been found outside a Camden secondary school during a knife sweep by the Met.
The blade was found by Somers Town ward police last week outside the perimeter fencing of Maria Fidelis School in Phoenix Road. The weapons sweeps form part of Operation Sceptre, which aims to cut knife crime across London.
The knife has a 21cm (8.5in) blade and is manufactured by Anglo Arms as a “hunting and survival knife.” It has the film’s name printed on the base of the blade.
The school is less than a mile from Harrington Square, where Mohamed Aadam was stabbed to death in Hampstead Road in September last year.
Ins Paul Clarke said: “This is why we conduct weapons sweeps. Knives like this one tend to be found around schools on a monthly basis. We particularly look in areas where we know gangs are operating.”
You may also want to watch:
He also said the Met’s anti-knife crime strategy in schools was working. “We now have a far more holistic approach around youth violence, where we’re working with other agencies, such as councils.
“We have a dedicated named officer inside each senior school and pupil referral unit in Camden and Islington. There has been a reduction in crime in our senior schools relative to the rest of the country. Our dedicated safer schools officers work to protect children from child sexual exploitation, violence and ‘stranger danger.’ This is a long term fix and we want to get it right.”
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 2 Arsenal boss Arteta worried about player burnout
- 3 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 4 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 6 Arsenal column: Granit Xhaka the stand out performer since Boxing Day but some of his senior professionals continue to disappoint
- 7 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 8 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 9 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 10 Ozil travels to Turkey as Arsenal exit looms