‘Rambo’ hunting knife found in Somers Town during weapons sweep
- Credit: Met Police
A replica knife from the film Rambo First Blood Part 2 has been found outside a Camden secondary school during a knife sweep by the Met.
The blade was found by Somers Town ward police last week outside the perimeter fencing of Maria Fidelis School in Phoenix Road. The weapons sweeps form part of Operation Sceptre, which aims to cut knife crime across London.
The knife has a 21cm (8.5in) blade and is manufactured by Anglo Arms as a “hunting and survival knife.” It has the film’s name printed on the base of the blade.
The school is less than a mile from Harrington Square, where Mohamed Aadam was stabbed to death in Hampstead Road in September last year.
Ins Paul Clarke said: “This is why we conduct weapons sweeps. Knives like this one tend to be found around schools on a monthly basis. We particularly look in areas where we know gangs are operating.”
You may also want to watch:
He also said the Met’s anti-knife crime strategy in schools was working. “We now have a far more holistic approach around youth violence, where we’re working with other agencies, such as councils.
“We have a dedicated named officer inside each senior school and pupil referral unit in Camden and Islington. There has been a reduction in crime in our senior schools relative to the rest of the country. Our dedicated safer schools officers work to protect children from child sexual exploitation, violence and ‘stranger danger.’ This is a long term fix and we want to get it right.”
- 1 Highgate mental illness charity sees 'desperation' rise during Covid year
- 2 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 3 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 4 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 5 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 6 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 7 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 8 Arteta asks Arsenal to use 'pain' to punish West Brom
- 9 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 10 Toilets, the Ponds, Streatery, Nazanin and Palestine