‘Rambo’ hunting knife found in Somers Town during weapons sweep
- Credit: Met Police
A replica knife from the film Rambo First Blood Part 2 has been found outside a Camden secondary school during a knife sweep by the Met.
The blade was found by Somers Town ward police last week outside the perimeter fencing of Maria Fidelis School in Phoenix Road. The weapons sweeps form part of Operation Sceptre, which aims to cut knife crime across London.
The knife has a 21cm (8.5in) blade and is manufactured by Anglo Arms as a “hunting and survival knife.” It has the film’s name printed on the base of the blade.
The school is less than a mile from Harrington Square, where Mohamed Aadam was stabbed to death in Hampstead Road in September last year.
Ins Paul Clarke said: “This is why we conduct weapons sweeps. Knives like this one tend to be found around schools on a monthly basis. We particularly look in areas where we know gangs are operating.”
You may also want to watch:
He also said the Met’s anti-knife crime strategy in schools was working. “We now have a far more holistic approach around youth violence, where we’re working with other agencies, such as councils.
“We have a dedicated named officer inside each senior school and pupil referral unit in Camden and Islington. There has been a reduction in crime in our senior schools relative to the rest of the country. Our dedicated safer schools officers work to protect children from child sexual exploitation, violence and ‘stranger danger.’ This is a long term fix and we want to get it right.”
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 7 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 8 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 9 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 10 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence