�250,000 ring snatched from mother in Regent’s Park
Two thugs pinned a woman to the ground in Regent’s Park and prised a �250,000 ring from her finger as her six-year-old daughter looked on.
The 44-year-old victim was dragged to the floor by her neck by one of the robbers in Chester Terrace while the other snatched the 20-year-old Graff ring and her wedding band. The victim’s daughter and six-year-old friend witnessed the violent attack which left the mother with scratches and bruising to her neck and finger.
The woman was set upon in the Grade I-listed housing district at around 5.10pm on November 18.
Detective Constable Matthew Isles, from Camden Police’s robbery squad, said: “This was a particularly violent attack in front of two six-year-old children and we are following several lines of investigation to bring those responsible to justice.
“If anyone has any information at all, however small you may think it is, I urge you to contact police.”
You may also want to watch:
The suspects, who are both described as black men aged between 20 and 25, fled towards Chester Gate.
One suspect has been described as 6ft 1in tall, with a London accent. He was wearing a black bomber-type jacket, baggy blue jeans, black underwear and a dark-coloured cap, with short black hair and was of athletic build.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 3 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 4 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 5 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 6 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 7 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 8 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 9 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
- 10 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
The other suspect was wearing a black bomber-type jacket, baggy blue jeans, white cap, with black hair and was 5ft 10in and of athletic build.
The stolen ring, cut by the upmarket jeweller Graff Diamonds, has a pear-shaped four-and-a-half carat diamond with smaller diamonds dotted around the platinum band.
Anyone with information about the crime can call Camden Police on 101 or anonymously through Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.