�250,000 ring snatched from mother in Regent’s Park
Two thugs pinned a woman to the ground in Regent’s Park and prised a �250,000 ring from her finger as her six-year-old daughter looked on.
The 44-year-old victim was dragged to the floor by her neck by one of the robbers in Chester Terrace while the other snatched the 20-year-old Graff ring and her wedding band. The victim’s daughter and six-year-old friend witnessed the violent attack which left the mother with scratches and bruising to her neck and finger.
The woman was set upon in the Grade I-listed housing district at around 5.10pm on November 18.
Detective Constable Matthew Isles, from Camden Police’s robbery squad, said: “This was a particularly violent attack in front of two six-year-old children and we are following several lines of investigation to bring those responsible to justice.
“If anyone has any information at all, however small you may think it is, I urge you to contact police.”
You may also want to watch:
The suspects, who are both described as black men aged between 20 and 25, fled towards Chester Gate.
One suspect has been described as 6ft 1in tall, with a London accent. He was wearing a black bomber-type jacket, baggy blue jeans, black underwear and a dark-coloured cap, with short black hair and was of athletic build.
- 1 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 3 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 4 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 5 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 6 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 7 Westminster Council shelves Paddington Rec cycling plans
- 8 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 10 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
The other suspect was wearing a black bomber-type jacket, baggy blue jeans, white cap, with black hair and was 5ft 10in and of athletic build.
The stolen ring, cut by the upmarket jeweller Graff Diamonds, has a pear-shaped four-and-a-half carat diamond with smaller diamonds dotted around the platinum band.
Anyone with information about the crime can call Camden Police on 101 or anonymously through Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.