Servant “let Saudi Prince kill him” in Marylebone hotel
PUBLISHED: 12:41 19 October 2010
THE servant killed by a Saudi Prince in a sexually-motivated attack at a Marylebone hotel died without putting up a fight, the Old Bailey has heard.
Bandar Abdulaziz, 32, was “so worn down by the violence” he had received at the hands of Saud Abdulaziz bin Nasser al Saud, 34, that he “let the defendant kill him”, jurors were told.
The Prince, whose father is a nephew of the King of Saudi Arabia and whose mother is the King’s daughter, is charged with murdering his aide at the five-star Landmark Hotel, on Marylebone Road, on February 15.
Prosecutor Jonathan Laidlaw said: “So worn down by the violence, so subservient and submissive had Bandar become that he was incapable of any effective resistance.
“He was killed without apparently ever having fought back because the defendant was completely unharmed, without any mark at all, when he was examined at the police station.”
In his closing remarks to the jury, defence counsel John Kelsey-Fry said Al Saud was “responsible” for Bandar’s death but had not intended to kill him.
“The defendant must live with the fact he is responsible for Bandar’s death and must suffer the consequences of a conviction for manslaughter,” he said.
“The defendant is guilty of a very serious offence - unlawfully taking the life of another.”
But he said the Prince did not intend to kill the servant because they were “genuine” friends.
A post mortem found that Bandar suffered brain injuries and had been repeatedly punched, kicked and bitten. The bones in his neck had also been fractured.
The trial continues with the jury set to retire to consider its verdict today.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Ham&High. Click the link in the orange box above for details.