Mum’s terror as teenage son is robbed by gang in Muswell Hill Playing Fields
PUBLISHED: 11:48 16 May 2018 | UPDATED: 11:48 16 May 2018
A mum is “terrified” about the capital’s crime epidemic after her teenage son was threatened and robbed by a gang in Muswell Hill Playing Fields.
On May 2, the boy was in the park, near Osier Crescent, with friends when a gang of five youths approached them.
The males, said to be aged between 15 and 17, asked him for his phone. The boy lied and told them he didn’t have one.
They then claimed they had a knife and told him to put his hands behind his back while they searched him.
Once they found and stole his phone, they asked him what school he went to, threatened him and ordered the boy not to tell anybody about the incident.
But the boy’s friends had already rung his mum, who didn’t want to be named when interviewed by the Broadway.
She said: “My instinct was to run over straight away. I was terrified.”
When she got there, though, the gang had gone.
She added: “Muswell Hill is supposed to be a safe area, but this keeps happening.”
Her son was shaken but not injured.
Cops are investigating but no arrests have been made.
There have been a small number of serious crimes in the playing fields in recent months.
In March, the most recent month for available crime figures, zero were reported.
But in February, there was one robbery in the fields.
And in January and December, there was one report each of “violence and sexual offences”.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Ham&High. Click the link in the orange box above for details.