Man jailed for 12 years after Muswell Hill knife attack outside Socialite Bar
PUBLISHED: 13:15 05 October 2017
A man who put three victims in hospital after slashing them in an “unprovoked” knife attack outside a Muswell Hill bar has been jailed for 12 years.
Kyal Moore brandished the blade outside the Socialite Bar, in Muswell Hill Broadway, before swinging it at two men in the early hours of Saturday, January 28 following an argument, a court heard.
A 25 year-old victim suffered gashes, as well as an injury to his ear which needed surgery, and a 23 year-old received slash injuries to his head.
Moore then attacked a third victim, a 34 year-old man standing outside the neighbouring Metropolitan Bar, who was stabbed in the neck as the knifeman fled down the road.
Detectives said a fourth man in his late twenties was left with cuts to his head following the incident, but officers failed to trace him after he was discharged from hospital.
Police described all the victims’ injuries as not life-threatening.
DC Rob Wrightson, of Haringey CID, said: “This was an incredibly violent, unprovoked knife attack on several people enjoying their night out which could have had far more tragic consequences.
“The reckless violence used by Moore and the severity of the attack was recognised by the judge who imposed a substantial jail sentence,” he added.
Moore, of Warwick Road, Edmonton, will spend 12 years behind bars and will remain on licence for a further three years after he was sentenced at Wood Green Crown Court last Wednesday.
The 31 year-old denied any involvement when he was arrested on June 21 after an officer identified him following a CCTV appeal but he was charged the next day.
He pleaded guilty to three counts of grievous bodily harm with intent and possession of an offensive weapon on July 21.
Officers are still hunting for a second suspect involved in the unprovoked attack.
Moore’s sentencing comes after three men were jailed in July for the shooting of a 22 year-old man at point blank range outside the same bar in November last year.
In March, Haringey Council revoked the Socialite Bar’s licence after the shooting sparked a Met Police review of the premises.
Bryan John who ran the bar said at the time: “We’re not about making money, we’re about people’s safety.”
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Ham&High. Click the link in the orange box above for details.