Search

Hampstead boxer Dereck Chisora cleared of assaulting man outside St. James nightclub Tramp

PUBLISHED: 17:52 03 August 2017 | UPDATED: 21:37 03 August 2017

Boxer Dereck Chisora near his home in Hampstead. He has been cleared of a charge of assault.

Boxer Dereck Chisora near his home in Hampstead. He has been cleared of a charge of assault.

Archant

Hampstead boxer Dereck Chisora will no longer face an assault charge over an alleged fracas at a nightclub, a court has been told.

Chisora, 33 and of Redington Road, had been accused of assaulting Rolands Bleiders outside the exclusive members-only Tramp nightclub in April this year; however, after reviewing the case, the Crown Prosecution Service withdrew the charge of assault occasioning actual bodily harm at Westminster Magistrates’ Court today.

“This is one charge of assault occasioning ABH. The crown will now withdraw the charge,” said prosecutor Henry Fitch.

Magistrate Grant McCrostie accepted the withdrawal of the charge and Chisora made no application for costs.

The 6ft 1.5in boxer, who has previously held heavyweight European, Commonwealth and British titles, stood outside the dock during the minute-long hearing as a charge of assault occasioning actual bodily harm was dropped.

Chisora is no stranger to controversy both inside and outside the ring, but with this latest trouble now behind him, Chisora, told reporters that he was ‘preparing for his next fight’.

Chisora was scheduled to fight Robert Helenius on May 27 but that has been postponed due to what his promoter Nisse Sauerland described as “a number of contributing factors”.

Most Read

Latest from the Hampstead Highgate Express

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists