Crab tart recipe
I like to use a Yorkshire pudding tin for this recipe (one with four moulds), but you can make one 25cm tart.
1 leek, halved and very finely sliced1 small thyme sprig2 whole eggs and 1 extra egg yolk300ml double cream2 tsp tomato pureeSalt and pepper500g white crab meat
1 Preheat the oven to 180�C/350�F/Gas Mark 4, and grease a large Yorkshire pudding tin.
2 Make the pastry according to the short crust pastry recipe.
You may also want to watch:
3 Melt some butter in a small pan and add the leek and thyme. Cook for a few minutes until the leeks have softened, making sure they don’t catch. Once the leek is cooked, remove the thyme, and stand to cool.
4 Roll out the pastry and line the Yorkshire moulds. Beat together the eggs, the yolk, the cream and the tomato puree then season and fold the crab meat into the custard.
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 6 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 7 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Gravestone is a reminder that slavery left its mark in north London
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
5 Put a teaspoonful of softened leeks in each tart case then carefully pour over the crab custard.
6 Bake on a preheated baking tray in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until set and pale golden brown. Serve warm rather than hot from the oven.