Crab tart recipe
I like to use a Yorkshire pudding tin for this recipe (one with four moulds), but you can make one 25cm tart.
1 leek, halved and very finely sliced1 small thyme sprig2 whole eggs and 1 extra egg yolk300ml double cream2 tsp tomato pureeSalt and pepper500g white crab meat
1 Preheat the oven to 180�C/350�F/Gas Mark 4, and grease a large Yorkshire pudding tin.
2 Make the pastry according to the short crust pastry recipe.
3 Melt some butter in a small pan and add the leek and thyme. Cook for a few minutes until the leeks have softened, making sure they don’t catch. Once the leek is cooked, remove the thyme, and stand to cool.
4 Roll out the pastry and line the Yorkshire moulds. Beat together the eggs, the yolk, the cream and the tomato puree then season and fold the crab meat into the custard.
- 1 Covid-19: Hospital admissions and bed occupancy continue to fall
- 2 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 3 Businesses hail return of Highgate's Fair in the Square
- 4 What is the rare 'monkeypox' being treated at the Royal Free?
- 5 Man files complaint following 'unlawful arrest' by police officers
- 6 TfL: Revamped Northern line latest addition to ever-improving network
- 7 Barnet: Three arrested as victim of fatal stabbing named
- 8 Fears over large nitrous oxide cannisters found in Gospel Oak
- 9 Warnings issued after four fox clubs found stuck in old car wheels
- 10 Golders Green school rated 'inadequate' for second time
5 Put a teaspoonful of softened leeks in each tart case then carefully pour over the crab custard.
6 Bake on a preheated baking tray in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until set and pale golden brown. Serve warm rather than hot from the oven.