Crab tart recipe
I like to use a Yorkshire pudding tin for this recipe (one with four moulds), but you can make one 25cm tart.
1 leek, halved and very finely sliced1 small thyme sprig2 whole eggs and 1 extra egg yolk300ml double cream2 tsp tomato pureeSalt and pepper500g white crab meat
1 Preheat the oven to 180�C/350�F/Gas Mark 4, and grease a large Yorkshire pudding tin.
2 Make the pastry according to the short crust pastry recipe.
You may also want to watch:
3 Melt some butter in a small pan and add the leek and thyme. Cook for a few minutes until the leeks have softened, making sure they don’t catch. Once the leek is cooked, remove the thyme, and stand to cool.
4 Roll out the pastry and line the Yorkshire moulds. Beat together the eggs, the yolk, the cream and the tomato puree then season and fold the crab meat into the custard.
- 1 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 2 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 5 Muswell Hill club wins 'Premier League' of junior chess
- 6 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 7 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 8 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 9 Winter closure of Royal Free kids A&E 'boosted Covid resilience' – NHS report
- 10 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
5 Put a teaspoonful of softened leeks in each tart case then carefully pour over the crab custard.
6 Bake on a preheated baking tray in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until set and pale golden brown. Serve warm rather than hot from the oven.