Crab tart recipe
I like to use a Yorkshire pudding tin for this recipe (one with four moulds), but you can make one 25cm tart.
1 leek, halved and very finely sliced1 small thyme sprig2 whole eggs and 1 extra egg yolk300ml double cream2 tsp tomato pureeSalt and pepper500g white crab meat
1 Preheat the oven to 180�C/350�F/Gas Mark 4, and grease a large Yorkshire pudding tin.
2 Make the pastry according to the short crust pastry recipe.
You may also want to watch:
3 Melt some butter in a small pan and add the leek and thyme. Cook for a few minutes until the leeks have softened, making sure they don’t catch. Once the leek is cooked, remove the thyme, and stand to cool.
4 Roll out the pastry and line the Yorkshire moulds. Beat together the eggs, the yolk, the cream and the tomato puree then season and fold the crab meat into the custard.
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 7 Tottenham boss Mourinho unsure on extent of Harry Kane's injury
- 8 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 9 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 10 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
5 Put a teaspoonful of softened leeks in each tart case then carefully pour over the crab custard.
6 Bake on a preheated baking tray in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until set and pale golden brown. Serve warm rather than hot from the oven.