Covid-19 testing centre opens at Ally Pally
- Credit: Polly Hancock
A new Covid-19 testing centre opened at Ally Pally on Monday.
Based in the landmark's Transmitter Hall, the centre becomes the third in Haringey and will be open every day on a drop-in basis offering rapid testing, primarily for asymptomatic members of the public who cannot work from home.
The centre is open from 8am to 4pm Monday to Saturday, and 10am to 2pm on Sundays.
Of more than 5,000 tests carried out in Haringey since the start of 2021, 3.35 per cent have given positive results.
Dr Will Maimaris, Haringey’s director of public health, said: “Around one in three people who have Covid-19 don’t know they have it, but they can still pass it on to other people, who may fall very ill."
You may also want to watch:
He added: "[Rapid testing] is one of the essential tools to help reduce the spread – which even though the numbers are falling now – will need to be maintained for the foreseeable future."
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 4 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 5 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 6 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill
- 7 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 8 Famous Parliament Hill view still obscured as nesting birds delay work
- 9 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 10 Letter on shopping for one!