Covid-19 testing centre opens at Ally Pally
- Credit: Polly Hancock
A new Covid-19 testing centre opened at Ally Pally on Monday.
Based in the landmark's Transmitter Hall, the centre becomes the third in Haringey and will be open every day on a drop-in basis offering rapid testing, primarily for asymptomatic members of the public who cannot work from home.
The centre is open from 8am to 4pm Monday to Saturday, and 10am to 2pm on Sundays.
Of more than 5,000 tests carried out in Haringey since the start of 2021, 3.35 per cent have given positive results.
Dr Will Maimaris, Haringey’s director of public health, said: “Around one in three people who have Covid-19 don’t know they have it, but they can still pass it on to other people, who may fall very ill."
He added: "[Rapid testing] is one of the essential tools to help reduce the spread – which even though the numbers are falling now – will need to be maintained for the foreseeable future."
- 1 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 2 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 3 Susan Jones obituary: A 'humble' Muswell Hill shop owner of 40 years
- 4 Possible travel disruptions in north London this week
- 5 Artist with autism exhibits vibrant London scenes at Lido Cafe
- 6 North London Chorus to perform in Muswell Hill
- 7 'Someone is responsible for council spending £23m on office block'
- 8 Highgate Hill housing plans spark fears over new pub's future
- 9 Alexandra Palace chief executive to leave in 2022
- 10 Haringey Council accidentally leaks £54m office expansion scheme