COURGETTE AND PEA FRITTATA RECIPE
When fresh peas are available this is a great way to eat them, thawed frozen peas can always be substituted. This frittata also tastes delicious if mint is added instead of tarragon.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
• 175g (6oz) freshly podded peas (about 450g in pod) or frozen, thawed
• 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Bus collides with lamppost in Muswell Hill crash
- 2 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 3 Stephen Mangan has Crouch End pupils 'in stitches'
- 4 Christmas at Kenwood feels like walking in a winter wonderland
- 5 Developer told to dig up granite slabs at Hornsey Town Hall Square
- 6 George Michael estate helps fund Highgate Christmas lights
- 7 Infected Blood Inquiry: Transfusion centre was 'disaster zone'
- 8 Villa Bianca brings the Christmas cheer to Hampstead
- 9 Haringey Council makes senior leadership appointments
- 10 Covid-19: Omicron cases confirmed in Haringey and Barnet
• 1 small onion, finely chopped
• 3 medium courgettes, trimmed and thinly sliced
• 8 large eggs, beaten
• 2 tsp chopped fresh tarragon
• 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
• 25g (1oz) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
• salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. If using freshly podded peas, drop them into a small pan of boiling water and cook 2 minutes then drain.
2. Heat a 23cm (9”) non-stick frying pan and add the oil. Cook the onion for about 3-4 minutes over a medium heat until softened then add the courgettes. Fry the courgettes for 5 minutes or until they begin to soften. Meanwhile preheat the grill.
3. Add the drained peas and herbs to the pan.
4. Beat the eggs and season then pour over the vegetable. Reduce the heat and cook for about 5 minutes or until the eggs are almost set. Carefully lift and edge of the frittata with a palette knife to check the underside which should be golden.
5. Scatter the Parmesan cheese over the frittata and put under the grill for 1-2 minutes or until just set and golden.
6. Cut the frittata into wedges and serve warm or slide onto a plate and serve cold for a picnic with crusty bread.