Councillors aren't listening to what parents want
You reported last week that the consultation process for the new school has been criticised for not allowing parents views to be heard (Shock new plan for school in the south, H&H June 28). In fact parents views have been expressed. It is just that coun
You reported last week that the consultation process for the new school has been criticised for not allowing parents' views to be heard (Shock new plan for school in the south, H&H June 28).
In fact parents' views have been expressed. It is just that councillors seem not to have been listening. And this is about more than just the location of a new secondary school. When will the council begin to take note of what kind of new school we parents want for Camden?
Supporters of the Church of England bid recently presented a huge petition to the council. How did councillors react? Only with a continued refusal to commit themselves to a competition to find the best bid for the school.
If Camden decides not to run a fair, open competition and instead announces a decision in favour of an organisation with no visible community support or track record for running schools, we will know that thousands of pounds have been wasted on a sham consultation and that our politicians care more about finding the easiest option for themselves than they do for providing the best for our children.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs G E Nagy
- 1 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 2 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 'Forgotten Rivers' route proposed by The Ramblers
- 5 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 6 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 7 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 8 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 9 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 10 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin