'She means the world': Councillor's plea to bring home missing cat Evey
- Credit: Cllr Luisa Porritt
UPDATE: Evey was found after coming home with her brother Cooper on Thursday (September 16).
A local councillor has put out a plea to the Belsize community to help find her rescue cat.
Evey, 6, went missing from Haverstock Hill on Monday around 6pm and her owner, Belsize councillor Luisa Porritt, says it would mean “everything” to be reunited with her tortoiseshell “baby”.
The local Liberal Democrat leader said that after discovering her pet had disappeared following a meeting of Camden’s full council on Monday, she desperately set about trying to find Evey by rattling her food outside her home – but was met with silence.
She has gone into neighbours' gardens to try and find her cat, and plans to put up posters.
You may also want to watch:
“We have a very special bond,” Cllr Porritt said. "This has been a very distressing time.
“It would mean so much to find her again. She means the world to me. I feel a special level of responsibility for Evey and her brother Cooper because they are both rescue cats.
- 1 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 2 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 3 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 4 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 5 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 6 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
- 7 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 8 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 9 West Hampstead community backs Nazanin 2,000 days since imprisonment
- 10 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
“It means a lot to provide them with a safe and happy home and I feel horribly worried wondering where she is and whether she is okay.”
Cllr Porritt described Evey as “distinctive, friendly and sociable”. To provide information about the cat's whereabouts contact firstname.lastname@example.org