Councillor has turned his back on party he served for years
I am very disappointed at the statements made by Cllr Hoque, who has turned his back on the party he served for so many years, that the Camden Labour Group were rude and arrogant to him. He served on the Labour team I have led for some time on the housing
I am very disappointed at the statements made by Cllr Hoque, who has turned his back on the party he served for so many years, that the Camden Labour Group were rude and arrogant to him.
He served on the Labour team I have led for some time on the housing and adult social care scrutiny committee with Cllr Abdul Hai and I cannot remember any time he and his views were not treated with respect and welcomed at the pre-committee briefings I held and at the committee meetings. Indeed I have never seen in all my time on the council - and that goes back to my early days in 1964 - and to date, any examples of Labour Group members being rude and arrogant to Cllr Hoque or to anyone.
I think Cllr Hoque is using this as some form of justification for his odd action of defecting from an effective and cohesive Labour Group; and I thank him for his membership of my group and for his incessant attacks at recent HASC committees of Lib Dem cuts to adult social care.
Obviously some change in Lib Dem policies not to cut social services and housing staff and services have been notified to him alone and not to Cllr Hai and I.
You may also want to watch:
As a prominent Tory said to me when Cllr Hoque's views were known: ''I don't agree with your views or the views of your party, but rude and arrogant none of you are - it is a strange excuse.''
Ah well, I think I know why he defected, but that is another story!
- 1 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 2 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 3 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 4 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 5 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 6 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 7 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 8 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 9 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 10 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
Cllr Roger Robinson
Opposition Lead on Housing