Council orders Kate Moss to mend her wonky wall
SUPERMODEL Kate Moss has been sent a letter of complaint from Camden Council about a garden wall at her £7 million home. The 9ft wall at her Kilburn home in Mortimer Crescent is severely cracked and residents fear it could collapse on passers-by. One neig
SUPERMODEL Kate Moss has been sent a letter of complaint from Camden Council about a garden wall at her £7 million home.
The 9ft wall at her Kilburn home in Mortimer Crescent is severely cracked and residents fear it could collapse on passers-by.
One neighbour, who wished to remain anonymous, said: "It is the wall surrounding the garden and there is a huge crack in it.
"It is quite dangerous for people walking past. It is quite badly weathered and some of the concrete is like sand. It looks like it could fall down at any moment and should be propped up."
You may also want to watch:
Camden Council has confirmed it has sent a letter to the supermodel (inset) asking her to fix the wall.
A council spokeswoman said: "We received a call from member of the public in August about a dangerous garden wall at Mortimer Crescent, NW6.
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 7 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 8 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 9 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 10 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
"We inspected the wall and found it is defective but not in immediate danger of collapse. We have written to the owners of the property to inform them of their responsibility to rectify it and they have since been in touch to say they are taking action.