Council is leaking vital funds with its real nappies subsidy
At the last meeting of the North London Waste Authority held on February 6, Liberal Democrat and Labour Councillors voted to reintroduce subsidies for real nappies. I would like to make my position clear on the subject of real nappies, I support their us
At the last meeting of the North London Waste Authority held on February 6, Liberal Democrat and Labour Councillors voted to reintroduce subsidies for real nappies.
I would like to make my position clear on the subject of real nappies, I support their use! The point that I am making is that there must be a better way of dealing with the nappy subsidy, and I have asked officers of the NLWA to look at coming up with an alternative proposal.
Camden has, up until December of 2007, recorded 276 applicants for the nappy subsidy which brings Camden's share of the cost to a staggering £24,000, or an equally staggering equivalent of £315 per tonne when the standard cost of waste disposal by conventional methods is £55 per tonne. These figures include £8,750 costs of belonging to the Real Nappies for London scheme for outreach and admin costs.
We as councillors have a responsibility to our council taxpayers and Camden's policy is "Better and cheaper", but on this occasion I don't think so!
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Chris Knight Conservative
Hampstead Town Ward
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 3 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 4 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 5 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 6 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 7 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 8 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 9 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 10 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
North London Waste Authority Member