Council fined over death of electrocuted father
CAMDEN Council has been fined �40,000 over the death of a father-of-three who was electrocuted by a faulty security light. Ralph Kennedy, 24, of Royal College Street in Camden Town, died almost instantly when more than 240 volts passed through his body as
CAMDEN Council has been fined �40,000 over the death of a father-of-three who was electrocuted by a faulty security light.
Ralph Kennedy, 24, of Royal College Street in Camden Town, died almost instantly when more than 240 volts passed through his body as he worked on scaffolding on the Mayford estate in Somers Town.
The council pleaded guilty at the Old Bailey this week to breaching health and safety laws by failing to ensure sub-contracted staff were not exposed to risk.
Michael Scorer, the council's acting housing and adult social care boss, said: "We are extremely sorry for Mr Kennedy's tragic death in September 2006. We again offer our sincere condolence to his family for their loss.
You may also want to watch:
"We take health and safety extremely seriously and accept the �40,000 fine. Following the incident we have worked very closely with the Health and Safety Executive to make the improvements recommended.
- 1 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 2 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 3 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Russia 'responsible for assassinating' Muswell Hill resident Litvinenko
- 6 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 7 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 8 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 9 Puppy pampering, parties and pastry: Inside Hampstead's Dandie Dog Cafe
- 10 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease