Could Christopher Walken mural in Parkland Walk suffer same fate as missing Banksy?
Some may remember him best for his exquisite dance skills in a Fatboy Slim music video while others might recall him dicing with death in classic 1978 film The Deer Hunter.
Now Hollywood icon Christopher Walken can be seen on a wall along the Parkland Walk nature trail running through Crouch End and Highgate.
A spray-painted mural of the 69-year-old actor appeared beneath the Crouch Hill section of the trail this week and has already gone down well with passers-by.
A photograph of the artwork was posted on Twitter by @finsbury_pk, who tweeted: “Love this new Christopher Walken piece on the @ParklandWalk”.
The appearance of the new mural follows the removal of a similar piece of graffiti down the road in Turnpike Lane.
You may also want to watch:
An artwork known as Slave Labour, believed to be by graffiti artist Banksy, appeared on the side of Poundland off Wood Green High Road last year but was removed recently to be sold in an auction house in Miami with a guide price of £450,000.
Haringey Council has since written to the Arts Council asking them to help bring the missing mural back to the borough.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 5 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 6 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 7 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 8 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 9 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 10 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actor dies aged 52