Cost cutting at the Royal Free leads to 180 jobs being axed
A TOTAL of 180 jobs are set to be axed at the Royal Free Hospital over the next financial year. The Hampstead hospital has issued a statement saying it will look to disestablish the posts as part of cost-cutting measures and that two thirds of the jobs
A TOTAL of 180 jobs are set to be axed at the Royal Free Hospital over the next financial year.
The Hampstead hospital has issued a statement saying it will look to "disestablish" the posts as part of cost-cutting measures and that two thirds of the jobs will be lost through retirement and the finish of fixed term contracts.
A spokeswoman said: "These plans were agreed last year and unions and other staff have been consulted.
"The Royal Free makes every effort to retain staff or enable them to find new employment, including help with CV preparation, help finding another post, career counselling and offering a retraining grant of �500.
"A vacancy control panel regularly reviews whether a vacant post should be filled or can be part of the hospital's efficiency strategy."
For the full report read next week's Ham&High.
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 3 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 4 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 5 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 6 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 7 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 8 'Large cannabis factory’ discovered on Frobisher Road
- 9 Hornsey Exchange opening first step in bringing town hall 'back to life'
- 10 Haringey to splash £54m on Civic Centre makeover and extension