Hampstead artist documents London in lockdown with new track
- Credit: Archant
A budding Hampstead music producer has composed a new pop track encouraging everyone to comply with the coronavirus lockdown restrictions.
Charles Connolly, son of Hampstead author Joseph Connolly and operating under the pseudonym CC, has created a video of deserted areas in the capital for the London Lockdown song.
“I realised the irony of telling people to stay in while going into town myself to get some unique footage, but I felt I had to do it for art’s sake, and adhered to all the social distancing rules,” said Charles.
Apart from an essential weekly shop, Charles has not left his house during the lockdown period.
He said: “There is no doubt that this lockdown will change the course of history and will be remembered and talked about forever.
You may also want to watch:
“I simply wanted to be a part of it and make something for people to enjoy right now and for people to look back on in the future.
“It keeps people’s spirits up.”
Listen to London Lockdown at www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAsEhS_3Au0&feature=youtu.be
- 1 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 2 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 3 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 4 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 5 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 6 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 7 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 8 'Important for mental health': Royal Free commits to maintaining new gardens
- 9 Koko to return with extra venues and community spaces for musicians
- 10 Home of the Week: Refurbished three storey, five bedroom family home for sale in Finchley