There With You: Camden Town bar crowdfunds to survive and keep music alive
- Credit: Archant
A Camden Town folk and blues venue is crowdfunding to stay afloat after it was forced to close amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Spiritual Bar in Ferndinand Street is offering punters access to live-streamed gigs, bringing the funk to their home screens.
As with businesses right across Camden, the coronavirus crisis has had a huge impact on Spiritual Bar and its staff.
Owner Rafael Pesce, 41, said Covid-19 had given his business a huge challenge to overcome, adding: “I paid my team until I could, but now we are waiting for help.”
After ten years of bringing people together through music and supporting independent artists to elevate their own careers, Spiritual Bar is asking for public support and community goodwill.
You may also want to watch:
As of April 1, the Spiritual team had raised £2,324 of its £5,000 target.
Its GoFundMe page can be found at gofundme.com/f/spiritual-bar-keep-the-music-alive
For the latest coronavirus news from the Ham&High and across north London visit our live blog and join our Facebook group.
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 4 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 5 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 6 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 7 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 8 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 9 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 10 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
For our essential list of community groups click here.