There With You: Camden Town bar crowdfunds to survive and keep music alive
- Credit: Archant
A Camden Town folk and blues venue is crowdfunding to stay afloat after it was forced to close amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Spiritual Bar in Ferndinand Street is offering punters access to live-streamed gigs, bringing the funk to their home screens.
As with businesses right across Camden, the coronavirus crisis has had a huge impact on Spiritual Bar and its staff.
Owner Rafael Pesce, 41, said Covid-19 had given his business a huge challenge to overcome, adding: “I paid my team until I could, but now we are waiting for help.”
After ten years of bringing people together through music and supporting independent artists to elevate their own careers, Spiritual Bar is asking for public support and community goodwill.
As of April 1, the Spiritual team had raised £2,324 of its £5,000 target.
Its GoFundMe page can be found at gofundme.com/f/spiritual-bar-keep-the-music-alive
For the latest coronavirus news from the Ham&High and across north London visit our live blog and join our Facebook group.
- 1 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 2 Crouch End pub ransacked and charity money stolen
- 3 Hampstead Town's first Labour councillor stands down weeks into office
- 4 Renaissance painting discovered in pensioner's bedroom sells for £255k
- 5 Camden woman in running for Miss Universe Germany
- 6 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in north London
- 7 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Haringey
- 8 'Shambles': Haringey's parking website still full of problems
- 9 Crouch End mum wins Jamie Oliver's cooking show on Channel 4
- 10 Olympic ace opens Highgate primary school's new running track
For our essential list of community groups click here.