There For You: Coronavirus help hub launched by Barnet Council
- Credit: Archant
Barnet Council has launched a “community help hub” to co-ordinate support for its residents amid the coronavirus pandemic.
The town hall’s Covid-19 Community Help Hub will amange a network of local support systems, inclusing the established Barnet Together network of communtiy groups, and it will also pr
The hub manages a network of local support, coordinating Barnet Together’s established community groups and volunteers, as well as providing a non-medical urgent care helpline.
Those in need of urgent support can call 0808 281 3210, 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday or email COVID19support@barnet.gov.uk
Leader of Barnet Council leader Cllr Dan Thomas, said: “The council’s Community Help Hub supports those Barnet residents most in need of extra help. There has already been an amazing response by the borough’s community groups. This hub coordinates and directs the extraordinary humanitarian aid effort underway to our most vulnerable neighbours.
You may also want to watch:
“While we need to socially distance, we also need to look out for each other. If you’re in a fortunate position, then I ask you to volunteer to help those in our borough who are less fortunate.”
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 5 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 6 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 7 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 8 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 9 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'