There For You: Coronavirus help hub launched by Barnet Council
- Credit: Archant
Barnet Council has launched a “community help hub” to co-ordinate support for its residents amid the coronavirus pandemic.
The town hall’s Covid-19 Community Help Hub will amange a network of local support systems, inclusing the established Barnet Together network of communtiy groups, and it will also pr
The hub manages a network of local support, coordinating Barnet Together’s established community groups and volunteers, as well as providing a non-medical urgent care helpline.
Those in need of urgent support can call 0808 281 3210, 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday or email COVID19support@barnet.gov.uk
Leader of Barnet Council leader Cllr Dan Thomas, said: “The council’s Community Help Hub supports those Barnet residents most in need of extra help. There has already been an amazing response by the borough’s community groups. This hub coordinates and directs the extraordinary humanitarian aid effort underway to our most vulnerable neighbours.
You may also want to watch:
“While we need to socially distance, we also need to look out for each other. If you’re in a fortunate position, then I ask you to volunteer to help those in our borough who are less fortunate.”
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 7 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 8 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate