There For You: Coronavirus help hub launched by Barnet Council
- Credit: Archant
Barnet Council has launched a “community help hub” to co-ordinate support for its residents amid the coronavirus pandemic.
The town hall’s Covid-19 Community Help Hub will amange a network of local support systems, inclusing the established Barnet Together network of communtiy groups, and it will also pr
The hub manages a network of local support, coordinating Barnet Together’s established community groups and volunteers, as well as providing a non-medical urgent care helpline.
Those in need of urgent support can call 0808 281 3210, 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday or email COVID19support@barnet.gov.uk
Leader of Barnet Council leader Cllr Dan Thomas, said: “The council’s Community Help Hub supports those Barnet residents most in need of extra help. There has already been an amazing response by the borough’s community groups. This hub coordinates and directs the extraordinary humanitarian aid effort underway to our most vulnerable neighbours.
You may also want to watch:
“While we need to socially distance, we also need to look out for each other. If you’re in a fortunate position, then I ask you to volunteer to help those in our borough who are less fortunate.”
- 1 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 2 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 3 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 4 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 5 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 6 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 7 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 8 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 9 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 10 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release