Coronation Street star in bid to create longest conga on ice in memory of teenager
Coronation Street actress Michelle Collins is calling for skaters to create the longest conga on ice at Alexandra Palace in memory of teenager Alexandra Wylie.
Channing School student Alexandra lost her battle with cancer two years ago and friends have organised the event to raise money for the charity set up in her name.
But they need more than 259 people to join the ice conga to beat the current world record.
Emma Robert, 19, said: “We are asking Ham&High readers, who have been so amazingly supportive of the Alexandra Wylie Tower Foundation, to come up to Ally Pally on November 24 for this chance to make it into the record books.”
Alexandra’s mum Lindsey Wylie added: “Allie’s friends have come up with such a lovely way to remember her. She loved skating and she really loved having fun. The conga record breaking attempt will encompass both.
You may also want to watch:
“It has been very important to me and Allie’s father to be active and make a positive contribution to life around us.”
Through its partnership with Kids Company, the foundation funds activities to help children to follow their dreams or just have some fun. Tickets are �5 and available on the door.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 3 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 4 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 5 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 6 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
- 7 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 8 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 9 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 10 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83