Coronation Street star in bid to create longest conga on ice in memory of teenager
Coronation Street actress Michelle Collins is calling for skaters to create the longest conga on ice at Alexandra Palace in memory of teenager Alexandra Wylie.
Channing School student Alexandra lost her battle with cancer two years ago and friends have organised the event to raise money for the charity set up in her name.
But they need more than 259 people to join the ice conga to beat the current world record.
Emma Robert, 19, said: “We are asking Ham&High readers, who have been so amazingly supportive of the Alexandra Wylie Tower Foundation, to come up to Ally Pally on November 24 for this chance to make it into the record books.”
Alexandra’s mum Lindsey Wylie added: “Allie’s friends have come up with such a lovely way to remember her. She loved skating and she really loved having fun. The conga record breaking attempt will encompass both.
You may also want to watch:
“It has been very important to me and Allie’s father to be active and make a positive contribution to life around us.”
Through its partnership with Kids Company, the foundation funds activities to help children to follow their dreams or just have some fun. Tickets are �5 and available on the door.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 3 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 4 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 5 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 6 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 7 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 8 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 9 'Football is everything': Camden United on tackling knife crime and supporting community
- 10 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up