Coronation Street star in bid to create longest conga on ice in memory of teenager
Coronation Street actress Michelle Collins is calling for skaters to create the longest conga on ice at Alexandra Palace in memory of teenager Alexandra Wylie.
Channing School student Alexandra lost her battle with cancer two years ago and friends have organised the event to raise money for the charity set up in her name.
But they need more than 259 people to join the ice conga to beat the current world record.
Emma Robert, 19, said: “We are asking Ham&High readers, who have been so amazingly supportive of the Alexandra Wylie Tower Foundation, to come up to Ally Pally on November 24 for this chance to make it into the record books.”
Alexandra’s mum Lindsey Wylie added: “Allie’s friends have come up with such a lovely way to remember her. She loved skating and she really loved having fun. The conga record breaking attempt will encompass both.
You may also want to watch:
“It has been very important to me and Allie’s father to be active and make a positive contribution to life around us.”
Through its partnership with Kids Company, the foundation funds activities to help children to follow their dreams or just have some fun. Tickets are �5 and available on the door.
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 4 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 5 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 6 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn relieved to see Mesut Ozil depart
- 7 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 8 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 9 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 10 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham