Coronation Street star Michelle Collins mans phones in support of Alexandra Wylie Christmas concert
A lucky caller at the Highgate branch of Asian restaurant Tootoomoo was surprised to have their order taken by TV star Michelle Collins.
The actress took a break from working in the Coronation Street Bistro to promote the Alexandra Wylie Tower Foundation’s Christmas concert at the new branch of pan-Asian eatery Tootoomoo, in Archway Road.
The foundation, set up in the name of Channing schoolgirl Allie Wylie who died from cancer aged 17, is holding a concert featuring the London Metropolitan Brass Band as part of its Christmas appeal.
Ms Collins, a patron of the charity, said: “We all love a traditional concert at Christmas and Tootoomoo has been great in helping us with all the publicity.”
Guest singer Elin Harries, a baroque specialist whose children were good friends with Allie, will also perform at the event in the United Reformed Church in Pond Square, Highgate, on Friday, December 20.
You may also want to watch:
The charity’s Make Christmas Count appeal marks the anniversary of Allie’s death in November 2010 and will provide Christmas dinner for deprived children in north London.
Allie’s mother Lindsey Wylie, 54, said: “This Christmas we are collecting food for Christmas food parcels as well as fundraising for our ongoing projects to give children some of the great opportunities Alexandra was lucky enough to have. We hope the concert will make a major contribution.”
Tickets, costing £5, can be booked at www.awtf.org
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 5 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 6 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta echoes players' support for absent Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- 7 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike
- 8 Arsenal face a crucial week as they bid to start pushing on
- 9 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 10 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site