Coronation Street star Michelle Collins mans phones in support of Alexandra Wylie Christmas concert
A lucky caller at the Highgate branch of Asian restaurant Tootoomoo was surprised to have their order taken by TV star Michelle Collins.
The actress took a break from working in the Coronation Street Bistro to promote the Alexandra Wylie Tower Foundation’s Christmas concert at the new branch of pan-Asian eatery Tootoomoo, in Archway Road.
The foundation, set up in the name of Channing schoolgirl Allie Wylie who died from cancer aged 17, is holding a concert featuring the London Metropolitan Brass Band as part of its Christmas appeal.
Ms Collins, a patron of the charity, said: “We all love a traditional concert at Christmas and Tootoomoo has been great in helping us with all the publicity.”
Guest singer Elin Harries, a baroque specialist whose children were good friends with Allie, will also perform at the event in the United Reformed Church in Pond Square, Highgate, on Friday, December 20.
You may also want to watch:
The charity’s Make Christmas Count appeal marks the anniversary of Allie’s death in November 2010 and will provide Christmas dinner for deprived children in north London.
Allie’s mother Lindsey Wylie, 54, said: “This Christmas we are collecting food for Christmas food parcels as well as fundraising for our ongoing projects to give children some of the great opportunities Alexandra was lucky enough to have. We hope the concert will make a major contribution.”
Tickets, costing £5, can be booked at www.awtf.org
- 1 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 2 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 3 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 4 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Koko to return with extra venues and community spaces for musicians
- 7 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 8 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 9 Former pupils launch creative fund to honour inspirational teacher
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill