Constructive discussions are underway on Heath works
MR Futrell (Residents strongly against the 20 year plan, H&H, letters September 11) makes some points about the proposals for Parliament Hill Fields which are a little misleading. The outline scheme involves a proposal to extend the existing path or drive
MR Futrell (Residents strongly against the 20 year plan, H&H, letters September 11) makes some points about the proposals for Parliament Hill Fields which are a little misleading.
The outline scheme involves a proposal to extend the existing path or driveway, which already goes past Lissenden Mansions, in a way that has least impact on the Heath and its users. The overriding objective is to try to achieve a vehicle movement system that minimises risk of accident (ie: it separates vehicles from pedestrians) and reduces pollution. It is intended that the total number of vehicle movements for the Parliament Hill Fields area will be reduced by 50 per cent.
The parking area for the Lido will be very sensitively landscaped to ensure that the ruralisation of Parliament Hill Fields - one of the principal objectives of the Heritage Lottery Fund application - is not prejudiced by vehicle movements and parking. The Heritage Lottery Fund bid process has a very tight timescale, requiring a submission by September 30. Various ideas have developed and evolved during the process of thinking about what could be done. The access drive from Gordon House Road is an example of that.
We are of course sorry that the time available and the ideas development process did not coordinate sufficiently to enable the sort of consultation that everyone would have preferred. Discussions are however now under way, which I hope will be constructive.
You may also want to watch:
Chairman, Hampstead Heath Management Committee
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 'Forgotten Rivers' route proposed by The Ramblers
- 5 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 6 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 7 'The good times are back': Brendan the Navigator pub opens in Highgate
- 8 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 9 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 10 Teenage girls admit string of Hampstead robberies