Confused by councillor's bus stand somments
WE were confused by a recent comment by Cllr Mike Greene, Camden Council s environment spokesman, which suggested that redesigning the bus stand for route 271 in Highgate s Pond Square was our proposal (Redesign plans for 271 bus stand, H&H November 23).
WE were confused by a recent comment by Cllr Mike Greene, Camden Council's environment spokesman, which suggested that redesigning the bus stand for route 271 in Highgate's Pond Square was our proposal (Redesign plans for 271 bus stand, H&H November 23).
Camden Council proposed extending the pavement outside the cafes on Pond Square by about four metres and Transport for London supported the idea.
The boroughs also have a duty to consider the accessibility of the transport network. At the moment, passengers with mobility problems cannot board or get off buses in Highgate Village and the introduction of a second bus stop in the square would allow buses to pull up close enough to the pavement to use wheelchair ramps and 'kneeling' equipment.
The idea of extending route 271 is not realistic. Route 271 is already a long route, running from Moorgate/Liverpool Street Station to Highgate Village, where it terminates at Pond Square.
You may also want to watch:
Extending the route would be extremely expensive, a duplication of existing services and could result in decreased reliability along the whole route, meaning passengers would suffer delays.
- 1 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 2 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 3 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 4 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 5 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 6 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
- 7 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 8 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 9 West Hampstead community backs Nazanin 2,000 days since imprisonment
- 10 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
Service Change Advocate
Transport for London