Concerns about double deckers on 210 route were ignored
This country was once described as having the mother of parliaments, considered a model for aspiring democracies. Sadly this seems to be no longer the case. Daily there are disturbing reports of officials abusing the system. The latest example was repor
This country was once described as having the 'mother of parliaments,' considered a model for aspiring democracies. Sadly this seems to be no longer the case. Daily there are disturbing reports of officials abusing the system.
The latest example was reported by you (Bad vibrations make Highgate unsuitable for double deckers, H&H Letters February 7). Despite local opposition double deckers now run on the 210 route. Transport for London, controlled by Mr Livingstone, has shown a complete disregard for the wishes of the local community.
No-one was consulted in advance. TfL offers spurious arguments about being more economical and 'greener'. Yet for most of the day these buses travel with less than 10 passengers.
Once more we see how politicians, once elected, become too powerful and no longer listen to the people who voted for them. It seems there is nothing to be done in this case but to get rid of those reponsible for the decision.
You may also want to watch:
It's time for him to go, Mr Livingstone! Roll on the elections!
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 3 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 6 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 7 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 8 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 9 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 10 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
North End Road, NW11