Concerns about double deckers on 210 route were ignored
This country was once described as having the mother of parliaments, considered a model for aspiring democracies. Sadly this seems to be no longer the case. Daily there are disturbing reports of officials abusing the system. The latest example was repor
This country was once described as having the 'mother of parliaments,' considered a model for aspiring democracies. Sadly this seems to be no longer the case. Daily there are disturbing reports of officials abusing the system.
The latest example was reported by you (Bad vibrations make Highgate unsuitable for double deckers, H&H Letters February 7). Despite local opposition double deckers now run on the 210 route. Transport for London, controlled by Mr Livingstone, has shown a complete disregard for the wishes of the local community.
No-one was consulted in advance. TfL offers spurious arguments about being more economical and 'greener'. Yet for most of the day these buses travel with less than 10 passengers.
Once more we see how politicians, once elected, become too powerful and no longer listen to the people who voted for them. It seems there is nothing to be done in this case but to get rid of those reponsible for the decision.
You may also want to watch:
It's time for him to go, Mr Livingstone! Roll on the elections!
- 1 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 2 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 3 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 4 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 5 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 6 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 7 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 8 Letters: The floods!
- 9 See inside the new superhero kids' clothing store with indoor bike ramps
- 10 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
North End Road, NW11