Concerns about double deckers on 210 route were ignored
This country was once described as having the mother of parliaments, considered a model for aspiring democracies. Sadly this seems to be no longer the case. Daily there are disturbing reports of officials abusing the system. The latest example was repor
This country was once described as having the 'mother of parliaments,' considered a model for aspiring democracies. Sadly this seems to be no longer the case. Daily there are disturbing reports of officials abusing the system.
The latest example was reported by you (Bad vibrations make Highgate unsuitable for double deckers, H&H Letters February 7). Despite local opposition double deckers now run on the 210 route. Transport for London, controlled by Mr Livingstone, has shown a complete disregard for the wishes of the local community.
No-one was consulted in advance. TfL offers spurious arguments about being more economical and 'greener'. Yet for most of the day these buses travel with less than 10 passengers.
Once more we see how politicians, once elected, become too powerful and no longer listen to the people who voted for them. It seems there is nothing to be done in this case but to get rid of those reponsible for the decision.
You may also want to watch:
It's time for him to go, Mr Livingstone! Roll on the elections!
- 1 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 2 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 3 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 4 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 5 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 6 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 7 'Important for mental health': Royal Free commits to maintaining new gardens
- 8 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 9 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 10 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
North End Road, NW11