Concern for welfare of missing 13-year-old rugby player
- Credit: Archant
Members of a Haringey rugby club have appealed for help finding a junior player who has gone missing.
Concern is growing for the welfare of Omar Bartocci, 13, a member of the Haringey Rhinos RFC junior team who has not been seen since Wednesday.
He was riding a green BMX bike when he went missing.
Omar’s coach David Ouda, from Haringey Rhinos, said: “Omar has been part of Haringey Rhinos RFC for over three years. He is a true team player and cares for everyone around him.
“His hard work and commitment on the pitch helped his team win their league last season. As a coach, club and team, we are very concerned and would like to appeal to anyone who may have seen Omar or has any information to contact the police.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the Metropolitan Police said: “We are concerned for Omar’s welfare. He is possibly in possession of an unregistered Oyster Card and could be carrying a small amount of money.
Omar, from Wood Green, is described as a being of a small build, approximately 5ft tall. He was wearing glasses and has braces.
- 1 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 2 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 3 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 4 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 5 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 6 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 7 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 8 'State pension must be raised or older people face a dismal future'
- 9 Prince William brings environmental Earthshot Prize ceremony to Ally Pally
- 10 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
He was wearing black shorts, a black top with a Hindu symbol on the front, Adidas trainers with white stripes and was carrying a black rucksack.
Anyone with any information is urged to contact police on 101 quoting ref 16MIS031563.