Competition: Your chance to win that famous Blustons red polka dot dress
- Credit: Archant
News that iconic women’s clothes store Blustons is set to close its doors after more than 80 years in Kentish Town has brought shock and sadness to many in the area.
The shop in Kentish Town Road has become an institution for the high street, surviving war, various booms and busts and the rapid growth of online shopping.
Shop owner Michael Albert is retiring and many have contacted the Ham&High to express their sadness at his departure.
But most talked about since yesterday’s announcement has been that dress – the red polka dot little number that has stood in the front window for years, becoming an icon itself.
And as a thank you to his customers and to the local community that supported him all these years, Michael has given the Ham&High that dress to give away to one very lucky reader.
You may also want to watch:
Worth £69 – and as shown off beautifully by out very own Ham&High staff model (pictured) – sizes available are 8, 12, 14 and 16.
The best answer will be picked out by our editor and the winner will be given what could be the last iconic red polka spot dress sold by Blustons.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 5 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 6 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 9 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 10 Helen Allingham's Hampstead watercolour up for auction
Deadline for entries is tomorrow (Wednesday, March 18) 11am.
Good luck from Blustons, and good luck from us all at the Ham&High.