Competition: Your chance to win that famous Blustons red polka dot dress
- Credit: Archant
News that iconic women’s clothes store Blustons is set to close its doors after more than 80 years in Kentish Town has brought shock and sadness to many in the area.
The shop in Kentish Town Road has become an institution for the high street, surviving war, various booms and busts and the rapid growth of online shopping.
Shop owner Michael Albert is retiring and many have contacted the Ham&High to express their sadness at his departure.
But most talked about since yesterday’s announcement has been that dress – the red polka dot little number that has stood in the front window for years, becoming an icon itself.
And as a thank you to his customers and to the local community that supported him all these years, Michael has given the Ham&High that dress to give away to one very lucky reader.
You may also want to watch:
Worth £69 – and as shown off beautifully by out very own Ham&High staff model (pictured) – sizes available are 8, 12, 14 and 16.
The best answer will be picked out by our editor and the winner will be given what could be the last iconic red polka spot dress sold by Blustons.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 3 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 6 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 7 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 8 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 9 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 10 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
Deadline for entries is tomorrow (Wednesday, March 18) 11am.
Good luck from Blustons, and good luck from us all at the Ham&High.