Competition: Your chance to win that famous Blustons red polka dot dress
- Credit: Archant
News that iconic women’s clothes store Blustons is set to close its doors after more than 80 years in Kentish Town has brought shock and sadness to many in the area.
The shop in Kentish Town Road has become an institution for the high street, surviving war, various booms and busts and the rapid growth of online shopping.
Shop owner Michael Albert is retiring and many have contacted the Ham&High to express their sadness at his departure.
But most talked about since yesterday’s announcement has been that dress – the red polka dot little number that has stood in the front window for years, becoming an icon itself.
And as a thank you to his customers and to the local community that supported him all these years, Michael has given the Ham&High that dress to give away to one very lucky reader.
Worth £69 – and as shown off beautifully by out very own Ham&High staff model (pictured) – sizes available are 8, 12, 14 and 16.
The best answer will be picked out by our editor and the winner will be given what could be the last iconic red polka spot dress sold by Blustons.
- 1 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 2 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 3 Possible travel disruptions in north London this week
- 4 Susan Jones obituary: A 'humble' Muswell Hill shop owner of 40 years
- 5 Artist with autism exhibits vibrant London scenes at Lido Cafe
- 6 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 7 North London Chorus to perform in Muswell Hill
- 8 'Someone is responsible for council spending £23m on office block'
- 9 Haringey Council SEND failures: 'Some parents are on antidepressants'
- 10 Highgate Hill housing plans spark fears over new pub's future
Deadline for entries is tomorrow (Wednesday, March 18) 11am.
Good luck from Blustons, and good luck from us all at the Ham&High.