Competition: Your chance to win that famous Blustons red polka dot dress
- Credit: Archant
News that iconic women’s clothes store Blustons is set to close its doors after more than 80 years in Kentish Town has brought shock and sadness to many in the area.
The shop in Kentish Town Road has become an institution for the high street, surviving war, various booms and busts and the rapid growth of online shopping.
Shop owner Michael Albert is retiring and many have contacted the Ham&High to express their sadness at his departure.
But most talked about since yesterday’s announcement has been that dress – the red polka dot little number that has stood in the front window for years, becoming an icon itself.
And as a thank you to his customers and to the local community that supported him all these years, Michael has given the Ham&High that dress to give away to one very lucky reader.
You may also want to watch:
Worth £69 – and as shown off beautifully by out very own Ham&High staff model (pictured) – sizes available are 8, 12, 14 and 16.
The best answer will be picked out by our editor and the winner will be given what could be the last iconic red polka spot dress sold by Blustons.
- 1 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 3 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 4 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 5 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 6 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 7 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 8 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 9 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 10 Westminster Council shelves Paddington Rec cycling plans
Deadline for entries is tomorrow (Wednesday, March 18) 11am.
Good luck from Blustons, and good luck from us all at the Ham&High.