Community group hosts Childs Hill Park open day to celebrate anniversary
- Credit: Archant
A community group set up to transform a Childs Hill park celebrated its one-year anniversary with a family open day.
The Friends of Childs Park welcomed visitors to the park, in Granville Road, yesterday for a range of activities, including arts and crafts, planting and historical exhibitions.
Over the last year, the group has overseen a variety of improvements to the park courtesy of grants totalling £57,000.
With the support of Barnet Council’s Greenspaces team, the Friends group have improved the park’s play area, planted new greenery, installed new benches and refurbished the park’s cafe.
The park also has a new outdoor gym area, as well as a table tennis area and picnic tables.
You may also want to watch:
Ingrid Posen, chairman of the Friends group, said: “We have always been proud of our park, but to see it transform into this treasure has been a true delight to behold – but there is still some way to go.”
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 3 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 4 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 5 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 6 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 7 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 8 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 9 Gay music hall icon Fred Barnes to be honoured with Maida Vale plaque
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill