Community digs into Big Lunch at The Winch in Swiss Cottage
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Around 100 residents got stuck into a community lunch in Swiss Cottage yesterday.
Youth project The Winch hosted the Big Lunch at their base in Winchester Road, Swiss Cottage, between 2pm and 5pm.
The event attracted young and elderly residents with diners on the day aged between five months and 91.
Residents were invited by The Winch to bring a dish to share with their neighbours.
It was advertised through posters and flyers distributed by young people in their neighbourhoods.
You may also want to watch:
Clare Bissell, a youth worker at The Winch, said: “It was a really lovely day and as the event has been received so positively, it will now be a regular event in The Winch’s annual calendar.”
- 1 Cyclist dies after Crouch End car door crash, police appeal for witnesses
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Crouch End
- 3 Camden Covid-19 vaccine bus comes to JW3
- 4 Highgate residents challenge plans for 'intrusive' 16-metre 5G mast
- 5 Builders finish first block in controversial Hornsey Town Hall development
- 6 Eleven things to do at the 2021 Highgate Festival
- 7 'Antisemitic abuse was aimed at me because of my kippah' says faith leader
- 8 Jimmy C obituary: Crouch End blues musician who 'brought so much love'
- 9 Camden's £50k Covid-19 fall in house prices bucks north London trend
- 10 Nazanin's family 'still waiting' and expect Iran ordeal to pass 2,000 days