Community digs into Big Lunch at The Winch in Swiss Cottage
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Around 100 residents got stuck into a community lunch in Swiss Cottage yesterday.
Youth project The Winch hosted the Big Lunch at their base in Winchester Road, Swiss Cottage, between 2pm and 5pm.
The event attracted young and elderly residents with diners on the day aged between five months and 91.
Residents were invited by The Winch to bring a dish to share with their neighbours.
It was advertised through posters and flyers distributed by young people in their neighbourhoods.
You may also want to watch:
Clare Bissell, a youth worker at The Winch, said: “It was a really lovely day and as the event has been received so positively, it will now be a regular event in The Winch’s annual calendar.”
- 1 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 2 Haringey Green Lanes flat fire sees 40 firefighters tackle blaze
- 3 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 4 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 5 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 6 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 7 For sale: Suggs' former 'bachelor pad' with gold-gilded underground bar
- 8 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 9 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 10 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath