Committed Wenger dismisses Man City speculation
Arsene Wenger has moved to reassure fans he is staying at Emirates, despite rumours that Manchester City will try to lure him to Eastlands in the summer. Speaking ahead of Sunday s FA Cup fifth round clash with Burnley, the Arsenal manager said he remains
Arsene Wenger has moved to reassure fans he is staying at Emirates, despite rumours that Manchester City will try to lure him to Eastlands in the summer.
Speaking ahead of Sunday's FA Cup fifth round clash with Burnley, the Arsenal manager said he remains committed to the Gunners after more than 12 years at the club.
"I have never allowed anyone to question my commitment to this club, in the good and in the bad times, that has not changed in my mind," he said.
"Man City have a very good manager in Mark Hughes. He is doing a good job and they have to keep confidence in him.
"On my side, I am contracted until 2011 and until 2011 I do not envisage to go anywhere else."
He also insisted Cesc Fabregas' future is in north London. The Spaniard this week reportedly told Radio Catalunya that he would leave the club if Wenger went.
- 1 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 2 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 3 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 4 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 5 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 6 'Ruining our vibe': Muswell Hill coffee shop divides community opinion
- 7 Could Adama Traore be on his way to Tottenham?
- 8 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue
- 9 Covid patient numbers levelling out after Christmas rise, data suggests
- 10 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
His boss, however, believes he will remain at Emirates long after he is gone.
"I hope his future will last longer than mine because I think he can still be here in 10 years," said Wenger.
"Cesc should be one of the bases of this club. I think the club should be built around personalities like Cesc and that is why I hope he will still be here.
"He is 22 years old in 2009 and at 32, he will still play."
England winger Theo Walcott is expected to play some part of Sunday's match after a four -month absence with a shoulder injury, while Eduardo (hamstring) and William Gallas (ankle) may also return.