Dozens have say on Highgate Neighbourhood Forum’s vision for community
A community’s vision for the future of their neighbourhood is being put under a microscope at workshops and pub nights.
Dozens discussed a government-approved pressure group’s 15-year plan for Highgate at its first workshop on Saturday at the Highgate Society in South Grove.
The group, called Highgate Neighbourhood Forum, last week published its 100-page plan suggesting ideas for new housing developments and community facilities, whilst preserving the area’s character.
As well as workshops. the forum is also putting on a number of “pub crawls” where members show drinkers the plan.
Chairwoman Rachel Allison said she was pleased at how many were “engaged” with the group’s vision for Highgate.
You may also want to watch:
Visit highgateneighbourhoodforum.org.uk for more information.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 7 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 8 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 9 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 10 Myanmar ambassador pleads for help from Hampstead doorstep