Camden mayor announces Michael Palin and David Baddiel for spring Camden Music Trust fund raisers
- Credit: Empics Entertainment
Camden’s mayor has managed to bring in some of Britain’s comedy legends for two of her fund raisers this year.
Gospel Oak’s Sir Michael Palin will speak at a “places and poems” event at Lauderdale House in Highgate on March 8. Tickets will cost £15.
The following month, husband and wife comedy duo David Baddiel and Morwenna Banks will hold an evening “in conversation” at the same venue. The event on April 26 will start at 7pm.
St Etheldreda’s Church’s medieval crypt in Holborn will also be the venue for the mayor’s annual fundraising dinner on March 28. The all-ticket event will see diners eat at the Bleeding Heartsrestaurant.
The events are all being held for the mayor’s charity, the Camden Music Trust. So far she has raised more than £47,000 for it.
She said: “I want to help Camden Music Trust continue to ensure that music making is not an elitist pursuit, but something all our children and young people can enjoy.”
- 1 Drug runner caught at Euston with heroin in underwear jailed for four years
- 2 The story of a pond returning to Hampstead Heath
- 3 North London road and rail disruptions in the week ahead
- 4 Fire brigade extinguish St Pancras station electrical fire
- 5 Guilty: Woman stirred up racial hatred with social media posts on Grenfell
- 6 Hampstead retail site snapped up for £7m by property firm
- 7 Nine of London's best vegan restaurants to try this Veganuary
- 8 Hampstead Heath committee chair to stand down
- 9 Cirque du Soleil: Luzia Royal Albert Hall ****
- 10 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products