Camden mayor announces Michael Palin and David Baddiel for spring Camden Music Trust fund raisers
- Credit: Empics Entertainment
Camden’s mayor has managed to bring in some of Britain’s comedy legends for two of her fund raisers this year.
Gospel Oak’s Sir Michael Palin will speak at a “places and poems” event at Lauderdale House in Highgate on March 8. Tickets will cost £15.
The following month, husband and wife comedy duo David Baddiel and Morwenna Banks will hold an evening “in conversation” at the same venue. The event on April 26 will start at 7pm.
St Etheldreda’s Church’s medieval crypt in Holborn will also be the venue for the mayor’s annual fundraising dinner on March 28. The all-ticket event will see diners eat at the Bleeding Heartsrestaurant.
The events are all being held for the mayor’s charity, the Camden Music Trust. So far she has raised more than £47,000 for it.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “I want to help Camden Music Trust continue to ensure that music making is not an elitist pursuit, but something all our children and young people can enjoy.”
- 1 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 2 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 3 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 4 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 5 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 6 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 7 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 8 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 9 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 10 'More than a shop': Storm in a Teacup in 100 nation-wide small businesses