Comedian Ricky Gervais drops in to fundraising tea party in Hampstead
- Credit: Archant
He might be an internationally acclaimed comedian, but Ricky Gervais still has time to support charities closer to home.
The 52-year-old dropped in at a tea party in Hampstead to raise funds for an animal shelter on Sunday.
The event, hosted by 83-year-old animal lover Angela Humphery, of Willoughby Road, raised £1,000 for The Mayhew Animal Home in Kensal Green.
Mr Gervais, who lives in Hampstead, handed over a cheque to charity chief executive Caroline Yates at the tea party held in Mrs Humphery’s back garden.
She said: “Ricky supports the charity. It made it exciting – people couldn’t believe their eyes when they saw him there.”
You may also want to watch:
The Mayhew Animal Home cares mainly for dogs and cats but also takes in rabbits and guinea pigs.
“The charity has seen double the amount of animals come in because people can’t afford to keep them but they’re receiving half the amount of money they used to,” said Mrs Humphery.
- 1 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 2 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 3 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 4 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 5 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 6 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 7 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 8 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 9 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 10 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath