Comedian Ricky Gervais drops in to fundraising tea party in Hampstead
- Credit: Archant
He might be an internationally acclaimed comedian, but Ricky Gervais still has time to support charities closer to home.
The 52-year-old dropped in at a tea party in Hampstead to raise funds for an animal shelter on Sunday.
The event, hosted by 83-year-old animal lover Angela Humphery, of Willoughby Road, raised £1,000 for The Mayhew Animal Home in Kensal Green.
Mr Gervais, who lives in Hampstead, handed over a cheque to charity chief executive Caroline Yates at the tea party held in Mrs Humphery’s back garden.
She said: “Ricky supports the charity. It made it exciting – people couldn’t believe their eyes when they saw him there.”
You may also want to watch:
The Mayhew Animal Home cares mainly for dogs and cats but also takes in rabbits and guinea pigs.
“The charity has seen double the amount of animals come in because people can’t afford to keep them but they’re receiving half the amount of money they used to,” said Mrs Humphery.
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 3 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 4 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 5 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 6 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 7 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 8 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 9 Westminster Council shelves Paddington Rec cycling plans
- 10 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash