Coffee & Walnut Cake recipe
335g caster sugar
You may also want to watch:
335g self raising flour
1 half tsp baking powder
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 5 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 6 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 7 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 8 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike
- 9 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 10 Camden, Haringey and Barnet mark Holocaust Memorial Day
110g freshly blitzed walnuts
Butter icing ingredients
300g icing sugar
1. Cream caster sugar and butter until soft
2. Slowly add eggs
3. Sift in Flour with baking powder
4. Stir in espresso & walnuts
5. Spoon into 2 greased and lined 10”cake tins
6. Bake at 180ºC (170 fan) / gas mark 4 for 20 -25 minutes.
The cake is ready if when you press in the centre gently it springs back.
For the icing
Cream together butter, icing sugar and espresso
Ice the middle and top of the cooled cake. Decorate with extra walnuts.