Coffee & Walnut Cake recipe
335g caster sugar
335g self raising flour
1 half tsp baking powder
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 3 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 4 Ex-manager admits defrauding Paddington Sports Club
- 5 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 6 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 7 Sexual offence reports at record levels in Camden, Haringey and Barnet
- 8 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 9 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 10 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
110g freshly blitzed walnuts
Butter icing ingredients
300g icing sugar
1. Cream caster sugar and butter until soft
2. Slowly add eggs
3. Sift in Flour with baking powder
4. Stir in espresso & walnuts
5. Spoon into 2 greased and lined 10”cake tins
6. Bake at 180ºC (170 fan) / gas mark 4 for 20 -25 minutes.
The cake is ready if when you press in the centre gently it springs back.
For the icing
Cream together butter, icing sugar and espresso
Ice the middle and top of the cooled cake. Decorate with extra walnuts.