Coffee & Walnut Cake recipe
335g caster sugar
You may also want to watch:
335g self raising flour
1 half tsp baking powder
- 1 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 2 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 3 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 6 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 7 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 8 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 9 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 10 Council denies liability for Church Row bollards car damage
110g freshly blitzed walnuts
Butter icing ingredients
300g icing sugar
1. Cream caster sugar and butter until soft
2. Slowly add eggs
3. Sift in Flour with baking powder
4. Stir in espresso & walnuts
5. Spoon into 2 greased and lined 10”cake tins
6. Bake at 180ºC (170 fan) / gas mark 4 for 20 -25 minutes.
The cake is ready if when you press in the centre gently it springs back.
For the icing
Cream together butter, icing sugar and espresso
Ice the middle and top of the cooled cake. Decorate with extra walnuts.