Coffee & Walnut Cake recipe
335g caster sugar
335g self raising flour
1 half tsp baking powder
- 1 Police probe reports of shooting at scene of crash in West Hampstead
- 2 Disabled swimmer loses court battle over Heath swimming prices
- 3 Primrose Hill gates could close again due to antisocial behaviour
- 4 New toilets and changing rooms in Hampstead ponds £700,000 revamp
- 5 St John's Wood prep school downgraded to 'requires improvement'
- 6 Opening date confirmed for new Finchley Road Aldi
- 7 Cops hunt 'crucial' witness 'Sandra' who helped teen rape victim
- 8 Jailed: 10 north London offenders put behind bars in May
- 9 TfL worker launches petition to reinstate Finsbury Park to Edgware railway
- 10 Old Bailey: Pair enter pleas over Alex Smith murder
110g freshly blitzed walnuts
Butter icing ingredients
300g icing sugar
1. Cream caster sugar and butter until soft
2. Slowly add eggs
3. Sift in Flour with baking powder
4. Stir in espresso & walnuts
5. Spoon into 2 greased and lined 10”cake tins
6. Bake at 180ºC (170 fan) / gas mark 4 for 20 -25 minutes.
The cake is ready if when you press in the centre gently it springs back.
For the icing
Cream together butter, icing sugar and espresso
Ice the middle and top of the cooled cake. Decorate with extra walnuts.