Coach crashes into building in horror smash
A coach has crashed into a block of six flats on Muswell Hill. The vehicle reversed into the three-storey building called Hollybank at 2.30pm yesterday (Thursday).The coach was empty at the time apart from the driver who was taken to hospital. His injuries are not thought to be serious.
A coach has crashed into a block of six flats on Muswell Hill.
The vehicle reversed into the three-storey building called Hollybank at 2.30pm yesterday (Thursday).
The coach was empty at the time apart from the driver who was taken to hospital. His injuries are not thought to be serious.
A spokesman for the Met Police said: "It is too soon to say what the driver's condition is as he has only just arrived at hospital. The area has been searched and there are no other persons injured at this time. There have been no arrests at this early stage."
Several people were suffering shock and were treated at the scene by the London ambulance service.
Muswell Hill was closed in both directions between the A1201 Park Road junction and the B550 Muswell Hill Broadway junction. It was opened southbound at around 5pm.
- 1 Dentist guilty of 'attempted sexual communication with a child'
- 2 Mayor of Haringey racially abused after Christmas event
- 3 Henrietta Barnett rated second best state school in the UK
- 4 Rainbow George: Hampstead 'dreamer' dies at 81
- 5 Hornsey Tavern to reopen as Irish sports pub
- 6 Out with Cafe Hampstead... in comes Oak & Poppy
- 7 Piano shop at risk of closure over business rates dispute
- 8 John Lewis Christmas advert: The Golders Green teenager who met an alien
- 9 Primrose Hill: Menorah vandalised in hate crime incident
- 10 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
The residents of the block were believed to be inside at the time of the crash.