Closing our Belsize branch would be an act of vandalism
The Post Office has been providing essential services all over the country, even during the darkest economic days of the country. Now that we are the fourth or fifth largest economy in the world, we are bent upon closing 2,500 more, in addition to many th
The Post Office has been providing essential services all over the country, even during the darkest economic days of the country. Now that we are the fourth or fifth largest economy in the world, we are bent upon closing 2,500 more, in addition to many thousands more closed in the last 10 years. What could be more irrational?
I have lived in London for about 42 years, and for 24 years in Belsize Park. Belsize ward at one time had three post offices, now we have one, in England's Lane. It is a meeting place for many, but it is still on the hit list. Closing it would be an act of pure vandalism.
Antrim Road, NW3
You may also want to watch:
Glenda Jackson made a great show of opposing post office closures. She wrote in your newspaper and encouraged people to write to the Royal Mail. Yet when push came to shove in Parliament, she abstained - this is pathetic and dishonourable 'representative' democracy.
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 The Magdala: US collector digs up pub history from long before Ruth Ellis
- 7 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 8 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 9 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 10 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
Glenhurst Avenue, NW5