Closing our Belsize branch would be an act of vandalism
The Post Office has been providing essential services all over the country, even during the darkest economic days of the country. Now that we are the fourth or fifth largest economy in the world, we are bent upon closing 2,500 more, in addition to many th
The Post Office has been providing essential services all over the country, even during the darkest economic days of the country. Now that we are the fourth or fifth largest economy in the world, we are bent upon closing 2,500 more, in addition to many thousands more closed in the last 10 years. What could be more irrational?
I have lived in London for about 42 years, and for 24 years in Belsize Park. Belsize ward at one time had three post offices, now we have one, in England's Lane. It is a meeting place for many, but it is still on the hit list. Closing it would be an act of pure vandalism.
Antrim Road, NW3
You may also want to watch:
Glenda Jackson made a great show of opposing post office closures. She wrote in your newspaper and encouraged people to write to the Royal Mail. Yet when push came to shove in Parliament, she abstained - this is pathetic and dishonourable 'representative' democracy.
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 5 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 6 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 7 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 8 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 9 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
Glenhurst Avenue, NW5