Closing our Belsize branch would be an act of vandalism
The Post Office has been providing essential services all over the country, even during the darkest economic days of the country. Now that we are the fourth or fifth largest economy in the world, we are bent upon closing 2,500 more, in addition to many th
The Post Office has been providing essential services all over the country, even during the darkest economic days of the country. Now that we are the fourth or fifth largest economy in the world, we are bent upon closing 2,500 more, in addition to many thousands more closed in the last 10 years. What could be more irrational?
I have lived in London for about 42 years, and for 24 years in Belsize Park. Belsize ward at one time had three post offices, now we have one, in England's Lane. It is a meeting place for many, but it is still on the hit list. Closing it would be an act of pure vandalism.
Antrim Road, NW3
Glenda Jackson made a great show of opposing post office closures. She wrote in your newspaper and encouraged people to write to the Royal Mail. Yet when push came to shove in Parliament, she abstained - this is pathetic and dishonourable 'representative' democracy.
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 3 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 4 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 5 3,000 new council homes for Haringey over next ten years
- 6 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 7 Roadworks and rail disruptions in north London over the next week
- 8 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 9 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 10 Fundraising year begins at William IV pub in Hampstead
Glenhurst Avenue, NW5