Before and after: The lost pubs around Hampstead and Highgate
- Credit: Google
Here are 12 pubs around Hampstead and Highgate which have closed in the last decade. We compare what the old watering holes looked like then – and now.
154 Haverstock Hill, Belsize Park. Closed in 2012 and now a hotel.
The White Horse
154-155 Fleet Road, Hampstead. Closed in 2017. Put up for sale last year by occupiers Cork & Bottle.
The Magdala Tavern
2 South Hill Park, Hampstead. Closed in 2014. Reopening mooted last year.
You may also want to watch:
48 Rosslyn Hill, Hampstead. Pub later occupied by Café Hampstead, which closed in 2019. Landlord said pub reopening was in the offing last year.
28 North Hill, Highgate. Closed in 2017.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 3 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 6 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 7 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 8 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 9 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
- 10 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
206 Archway Road, Highgate. Closed in 2015. Turned into apartments after the local community rallied to save the pub.
143 Adelaide Road, Chalk Farm. Closed in 2012. Now housing.
The Black Cap
171 Camden High Street, Camden Town. Closed in 2015. Five years on, campaigners are still fighting for the LGBT+ pub's reopening.
156 Colney Hatch Lane, Muswell Hill. Closed in 2015.
The Hornsey Tavern
26 High Street, Hornsey. Closed in 2018.
The White Swan
243 Golders Green Road, Golders Green. Closed in 2013 and demolished in 2017. Now apartments.
452 Finchley Road, Childs Hill. Now apartments.
*Images sourced from Google Maps