Are you eligible for business grants? Look now before it’s too late
- Credit: Archant
Coronavirus has had an enormous impact on the finances of businesses and households across the borough.
As the lockdown is adjusted, businesses reopen and we start a cautious return to offices and schools, I want to reassure you that Brent Council will continue to support families and businesses.
The government has announced that its coronavirus support schemes for businesses will soon close. These grants have been a lifeline to so many businesses across Brent. After Sunday, August 16 2020, the council will have to hand back any cash left in the pot to the government.
If you are a business owner in Brent, my message to you couldn’t be clearer: if you haven’t yet received a grant to help you with the impact of Covid-19, even if you think you aren’t eligible, have a look at the schemes and apply before it’s too late.
Small businesses can claim one-off grants of £5,000 or £10,000 while retail, hospitality and leisure businesses can claim cash grants of up to £25,000 per property. Check if your business is eligible and apply at brent.gov.uk/businessgrants
You may also want to watch:
The pandemic has exposed how many households are fighting financially to stay afloat. If you currently receive benefits but your income has changed due to the pandemic, it’s important that you let us know and we can adjust the amount you’re entitled to. To do this, visit the council’s website and complete the online ‘change of circumstances’ form.
There is also an online benefit calculator to help you check that you are receiving everything you are entitled to.
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 5 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 6 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 7 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 8 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 9 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 10 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?
If you need financial support due to a change in your circumstances, you may also be entitled to some of the support put in place by the government. Please continue to stay safe as we gradually return to a more normal routine, and make sure that you claim the full support you are entitled to.