Are you eligible for business grants? Look now before it’s too late
- Credit: Archant
Coronavirus has had an enormous impact on the finances of businesses and households across the borough.
As the lockdown is adjusted, businesses reopen and we start a cautious return to offices and schools, I want to reassure you that Brent Council will continue to support families and businesses.
The government has announced that its coronavirus support schemes for businesses will soon close. These grants have been a lifeline to so many businesses across Brent. After Sunday, August 16 2020, the council will have to hand back any cash left in the pot to the government.
If you are a business owner in Brent, my message to you couldn’t be clearer: if you haven’t yet received a grant to help you with the impact of Covid-19, even if you think you aren’t eligible, have a look at the schemes and apply before it’s too late.
Small businesses can claim one-off grants of £5,000 or £10,000 while retail, hospitality and leisure businesses can claim cash grants of up to £25,000 per property. Check if your business is eligible and apply at brent.gov.uk/businessgrants
You may also want to watch:
The pandemic has exposed how many households are fighting financially to stay afloat. If you currently receive benefits but your income has changed due to the pandemic, it’s important that you let us know and we can adjust the amount you’re entitled to. To do this, visit the council’s website and complete the online ‘change of circumstances’ form.
There is also an online benefit calculator to help you check that you are receiving everything you are entitled to.
- 1 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 2 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 6 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 9 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 10 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
If you need financial support due to a change in your circumstances, you may also be entitled to some of the support put in place by the government. Please continue to stay safe as we gradually return to a more normal routine, and make sure that you claim the full support you are entitled to.