Cllr Hoque comments show Labour is out of touch
Labour party leaders have apparently criticised Cllr Hoque for leaving to join the Lib Dems because Camden doesn t have a foreign policy . This comment shows just how out of touch Labour is. Syed Hoque has been working hard for the community since he was
Labour party leaders have apparently criticised Cllr Hoque for leaving to join the Lib Dems because "Camden doesn't have a foreign policy".
This comment shows just how out of touch Labour is. Syed Hoque has been working hard for the community since he was elected in 2006. During those three years, Labour has failed to listen to local people. Syed has done just that, and has proved himself to be a popular hardworking local councillor. That's what sets him apart from the Labour party.
I was out knocking on doors this weekend in Kings Cross. One issue that kept coming up was the Labour government's failures on the Israel/Gaza situation. Camden Labour may not have any views about foreign affairs, but their party's policy is letting us all down. Gordon Brown has ignored Lib Dem leader Nick Clegg's call to halt arms exports to Gaza. Gordon Brown's policy has left many traditional Labour supporters feeling ignored and angry.
Cllr Hoque felt that the Labour leadership were out of touch, arrogant and rude. He was concerned about where the Labour party was headed, and what Gordon Brown's party stands for now. Listening to local residents, he is clearly not the only one.
Liberal Democrat Parliamentary Campaigner Holborn & St Pancras
- 1 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 2 Walking book club: Hampstead Heath, Death and The Penguin
- 3 Hampstead Town's first Labour councillor stands down weeks into office
- 4 Highgate pub landlords to appeal restrictive licence approval
- 5 Olympic ace opens Highgate primary school's new running track
- 6 5 of the best things to do with kids in north London
- 7 Calls for removal of South End Green phone box
- 8 Man wanted after serious assault in Sussex 'may live in Camden'
- 9 Campaign launched after girl suffers fractured ribs from e-scooter crash
- 10 Monkeypox: 7 patients in Homerton and Royal Free hospitals