Cllr Hoque comments show Labour is out of touch
Labour party leaders have apparently criticised Cllr Hoque for leaving to join the Lib Dems because Camden doesn t have a foreign policy . This comment shows just how out of touch Labour is. Syed Hoque has been working hard for the community since he was
Labour party leaders have apparently criticised Cllr Hoque for leaving to join the Lib Dems because "Camden doesn't have a foreign policy".
This comment shows just how out of touch Labour is. Syed Hoque has been working hard for the community since he was elected in 2006. During those three years, Labour has failed to listen to local people. Syed has done just that, and has proved himself to be a popular hardworking local councillor. That's what sets him apart from the Labour party.
I was out knocking on doors this weekend in Kings Cross. One issue that kept coming up was the Labour government's failures on the Israel/Gaza situation. Camden Labour may not have any views about foreign affairs, but their party's policy is letting us all down. Gordon Brown has ignored Lib Dem leader Nick Clegg's call to halt arms exports to Gaza. Gordon Brown's policy has left many traditional Labour supporters feeling ignored and angry.
Cllr Hoque felt that the Labour leadership were out of touch, arrogant and rude. He was concerned about where the Labour party was headed, and what Gordon Brown's party stands for now. Listening to local residents, he is clearly not the only one.
You may also want to watch:
Liberal Democrat Parliamentary Campaigner Holborn & St Pancras
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 6 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 7 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 8 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
- 9 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 10 Camden men jailed for rape of teenager targeted by Tube station