Circle and Hammersmith & City lines from Edgware Road re-opened
Services on the Circle and Hammersmith & City lines from Edgware Road Tube station resumed this morning after three-week-long upgrade works were completed. Commuters travelling from this station have been experiencing disruption since the lines running be
Services on the Circle and Hammersmith & City lines from Edgware Road Tube station resumed this morning after three-week-long upgrade works were completed.
Commuters travelling from this station have been experiencing disruption since the lines running between Edgware Road and Hammersmith were closed on July 24.
London Underground said the closure was needed to help deliver the Crossrail development and upgrade the Tube station at Paddington
The works involved the demolition of a disused taxi ramp and canopy above the Hammersmith & City line platforms and meant that trains were not be able to run.
You may also want to watch:
Rail replacement services operated between Hammersmith and Edgware Road for the duration of the works, along with ticket acceptance on local bus and Tube services.
Nigel Holness, London Underground's service director, said: "I want to thank our customers for bearing with us during these works, the nature of which has meant we haven't been able to operate services between Hammersmith and Edgware Road. "We've made the most of this to accelerate additional upgrade works including platform extensions essential for the new longer air conditioned trains which are being rolled out across the sub-surface network from this year.
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 4 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 5 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 6 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn relieved to see Mesut Ozil depart
- 7 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 8 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 9 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 10 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham