Circle and Hammersmith & City lines from Edgware Road re-opened
Services on the Circle and Hammersmith & City lines from Edgware Road Tube station resumed this morning after three-week-long upgrade works were completed. Commuters travelling from this station have been experiencing disruption since the lines running be
Services on the Circle and Hammersmith & City lines from Edgware Road Tube station resumed this morning after three-week-long upgrade works were completed.
Commuters travelling from this station have been experiencing disruption since the lines running between Edgware Road and Hammersmith were closed on July 24.
London Underground said the closure was needed to help deliver the Crossrail development and upgrade the Tube station at Paddington
The works involved the demolition of a disused taxi ramp and canopy above the Hammersmith & City line platforms and meant that trains were not be able to run.
You may also want to watch:
Rail replacement services operated between Hammersmith and Edgware Road for the duration of the works, along with ticket acceptance on local bus and Tube services.
Nigel Holness, London Underground's service director, said: "I want to thank our customers for bearing with us during these works, the nature of which has meant we haven't been able to operate services between Hammersmith and Edgware Road. "We've made the most of this to accelerate additional upgrade works including platform extensions essential for the new longer air conditioned trains which are being rolled out across the sub-surface network from this year.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 5 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 6 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 9 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light