‘Why I love Highgate’ by world-renowned cosmetic surgery expert Cindy Jackson
- Credit: Archant
Cindy Jackson, 58, is a world-renowned cosmetic surgery expert. Her private clients include some of the biggest names in show business, politics and industry. Originally from Ohio, Cindy came to London in 1977 as an exchange student to study art and has lived in Highgate for the past 15 years.
What brought you to Highgate? This newspaper! I was living in Chelsea and wanted to leave the hustle and bustle of the West End. One day on my way through Highgate, en route to Hertfordshire where I had planned to move, I bought a copy of the Ham&High. It has a great property section and that’s where I found my present home. I took one look at the picture and knew it was the place for me.
What’s your favourite thing about Highgate? The pubs are fantastic for dining out and meeting friends. Where else would you see the likes of Jude Law, Kate Moss, Ray Davies, Clive Owen or Liam Gallagher enjoying a drink at the next table while no one bats an eye?
What is missing from Highgate? It would be nice to have a small funky cinema like the Everyman in Hampstead and a weekly farmers’ market with organic produce.
What makes you smile on your way home? Passing the black Whittington cat statue on Highgate Hill. It looks just like my cat Pip.
If you were the mayor for one day what would you change about Highgate? I would look into the tower block planned for the old magistrate’s court site in Archway Road and enforce the guidelines that are meant to apply to maintain the character of this Conservation Area. Objections from residents made no difference.
How would you spend your perfect Sunday in Highgate? An invigorating morning walk to Waterlow Park with friends to enjoy the beautiful gardens and coffee at Lauderdale House. Next we’d stroll back up Highgate Hill and browse the shops before stopping for drink at the Prince of Wales. Then onto a leisurely Sunday lunch at the Red Lion and Sun or the Wrestlers. Afterwards I’d spend some time communing with nature in my garden, tending the roses.
- 1 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 2 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 3 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 4 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 5 Watchdog: Ex-council leader's conduct over housing development was 'flawed'
- 6 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 7 'Superior York stone’ to be laid in Hornsey Town Hall Square
- 8 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 9 Ex-manager admits defrauding Paddington Sports Club
- 10 The most expensive homes sold in Camden in November 2021
Who is the most interesting person you have ever met? Michael Jackson. But I didn’t advise him about surgery! He had his own ideas about how he wanted to look.
If you had to write your own epitaph, what would it say? That went quick!