Christmas tree and new play area brighten up Paddington Recreation Ground in Maida Vale
- Credit: Archant
The Christmas tree lights at Paddington Recreation Ground have been turned on – as a new play area at the Maida Vale park was opened.
Residents celebrated the switch-on with some festive cheer on Friday (December 4) shortly after Paddington Small World was unveiled.
The facility, for children up to eight years old, is an extension to the playground and it includes climbing apparatus, a hammock, a tunnel and a slide.
A mini bandstand featuring solar powered Bluetooth speakers and USB charging points has replaced the youth shelter.
A Year 1 class from St. Saviours C.E Primary School opened the play area with Jonathan Glanz, the Lord Mayor of Westminster.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Paul Swaddle, Westminster Council’s communities chief, said he was looking forward to Westminster children and families “making new memories together”.
Maida Vale councillor Geoff Barraclough said he was “delighted that our smallest residents now have a play area all of their own”.
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 4 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 5 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 6 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 7 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 8 Hampstead Heath guru Diane is 'a lifeline' for women's walking group
- 9 Arsenal agree to terminate contract of defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos
- 10 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
The Christmas tree switch-on was organised with the help of Maida Vale councillor Rita Begum for the fourth year running.