Christmas tree and new play area brighten up Paddington Recreation Ground in Maida Vale
- Credit: Archant
The Christmas tree lights at Paddington Recreation Ground have been turned on – as a new play area at the Maida Vale park was opened.
Residents celebrated the switch-on with some festive cheer on Friday (December 4) shortly after Paddington Small World was unveiled.
The facility, for children up to eight years old, is an extension to the playground and it includes climbing apparatus, a hammock, a tunnel and a slide.
A mini bandstand featuring solar powered Bluetooth speakers and USB charging points has replaced the youth shelter.
A Year 1 class from St. Saviours C.E Primary School opened the play area with Jonathan Glanz, the Lord Mayor of Westminster.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Paul Swaddle, Westminster Council’s communities chief, said he was looking forward to Westminster children and families “making new memories together”.
Maida Vale councillor Geoff Barraclough said he was “delighted that our smallest residents now have a play area all of their own”.
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 3 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 4 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 5 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
- 6 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 7 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 8 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 9 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 10 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
The Christmas tree switch-on was organised with the help of Maida Vale councillor Rita Begum for the fourth year running.