Christmas tree and new play area brighten up Paddington Recreation Ground in Maida Vale
- Credit: Archant
The Christmas tree lights at Paddington Recreation Ground have been turned on – as a new play area at the Maida Vale park was opened.
Residents celebrated the switch-on with some festive cheer on Friday (December 4) shortly after Paddington Small World was unveiled.
The facility, for children up to eight years old, is an extension to the playground and it includes climbing apparatus, a hammock, a tunnel and a slide.
A mini bandstand featuring solar powered Bluetooth speakers and USB charging points has replaced the youth shelter.
A Year 1 class from St. Saviours C.E Primary School opened the play area with Jonathan Glanz, the Lord Mayor of Westminster.
Cllr Paul Swaddle, Westminster Council’s communities chief, said he was looking forward to Westminster children and families “making new memories together”.
Maida Vale councillor Geoff Barraclough said he was “delighted that our smallest residents now have a play area all of their own”.
- 1 Seven Sisters stabbing: Three jailed over Green Lanes gang killing
- 2 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
- 3 Hampstead, Highgate and Muswell Hill constituency changes consultation
- 4 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 5 Muswell Hill service ‘disgraceful’ as Royal Mail crisis continues
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder following Maida Vale deaths
- 7 'The joy of addiction is when you are free of it,' says Hampstead author
- 8 BAFTA-nominated BBC series returns to the Royal Free Hospital
- 9 'London is lagging behind – protect yourself and others from Covid'
- 10 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
The Christmas tree switch-on was organised with the help of Maida Vale councillor Rita Begum for the fourth year running.